5 - Helping JJ

WARNING injury detail

{ Pope POV }

"That's it, it's been an hour and he still isn't here" Kie says impatiently.
"I'm telling you Pope, he is not alright, we have to go check on him! What if he's hurt?"she continues arguing
"Fine let's go than" I huffed

I know JJ told me not to come to his house but maybe Kie is right, maybe he is hurt and needs our help.

"Finally" she exclaimed "I have been asking you the last 15 minutes and you were all like, 'its ok just wait he'll be here in a minute' " she raised an eyebrow at me.

"Alright let's just go" I said in defeat, jumping into the passenger seat while Kie was in the drivers.

To be honest I am worried too. I know that Luke's never shown even the slightest shred of mercy for the poor kid. But how cruel can he really be?...

Surely he's not a complete sick, sadistic physco, right? Afterall JJ is his son.

{ Kiara POV }

I was worried about what we were gonna find when we arrived at JJ's, I couldn't stop thinking about it the whole way there.

"Pope, what are we going to do when we get there and his dad is.. you know -"
"If we was gonna hurt JJ he would of done it by now" he exclaimed

I just nodded "I guess so"
"But I've had enough of his shit and if we turn up and he is hurting him than I will not hesitate to go in and fucking kick his ass" Pope growled

"Wow Pope that's a lot of emotion coming from you" I remarked.
He just rolled his eyes and I smirked

"Well here we are" I announced pulling up on the drive way. I was about to open the car door when he suddenly yelled
"Wait!" He pulled me back
"What!?" I said angrily

"Look at the porch"
I looked to where he was pointing at and when my eyes landed on it I gasped, "is that-"
"- JJ. Yeah I think it is"

"Oh my god" I said jumping out the car before Pope could do or say anything. I ran up the path and leaped onto the porch, Pope following behind. I looked down at the blonde boy in a heap on the floor and my heart ached for him.

Despite him being 6ft tall and overly protective and selfless, he looked very small and vulnerable laying on the floor.

"Holy shit" Pope exclaimed
"JJ" I croaked, shaking him trying to wake him up.

"Shit! Pope! What's wrong with him is he dead?" I panicked.

"Turn him over" he ordered shakily.
I did as he asked and let out a sob when I saw his face, I clapped a hand to my mouth and pushed myself away.

Pope held his bruised wrist and checked his pulse, "he has a pulse, he isn't dead, just unconscious" Pope confirmed.

"The fuck" I whispered, eyes filling with tears and rage, as I inspected his face.

He has a black eye on the left side of his face and large bruise just under his cheek bone.

On the right side he has a circular bruise on his jaw and a bright red hand mark on his cheek.

And there are cuts just littered around his whole face, including a busted lip.

"Why would that asshole do this to him?" I choked on tears.
" I don't know" Pope replied with a small voice crack as he peered at JJ.

How could life be this unfair for him. It just wasn't fair. The pangs of remorse were washing me over me like the waves of a storm.

"Oh my god look at his shirt" I exclaimed.
It was soaked with blood, I lifted his white shirt carefully and saw that he had 5 or 6 volley ball sized bruises. They were all a ferocious purply-black and some were bleeding.