19 - Parents

{ Kiara POV }

My parents were yelling the whole damn car trip. As soon as we pulled up to the house I ran out before my parents did and stormed to my room and slammed the door shut.

I don't care what they say, I am not gonna stop seeing my friends.

"Unlock the door right now!" my mum demanded, twisting the door knob.
"No" I called back

"Honestly Kiara, do you know how much money we had to pay to stop you going to jail!?" She screamed through my bedroom door.

I ignored her and put a pillow over my face trying to block the sounds.

"You know what, next time we'll let them take you away to juvie or whatever shit hole they take people like you too!"

"We've saved your ungrateful ass enough times and I think it's time we stopped. You have to learn that there are consequences to your actions" she raved

I threw my pillow at the door in anger. And then I heard my dad's footsteps approach the door.

"It's not her fault, it's those boys she hangs out with" I heard him whisper.

I jumped up and flung the door open.
"It's not their fucking fault!!" I yelled and I was about to shut the door again. But mum stopped it with her foot, and then to my surprise I felt a sudden slap straight across my cheek.

I stumbled back in shock and held my burning cheek. That was the first time she's ever hit me.

My dad's eyes had widened at my mum's sudden action.

I took my hand off my cheek and glared right back her.
"What was that for?" I asked

"For being a disrespectful little bitch! How dare you swear at your own parents, especially after everything we've done for you" she shook with anger.

"You see I told you those boys were a bad influence on her" my dad spoke "she used to be such a sweet little girl but than she got mixed up in the wrong crowd, and look where she is now!"

He was talking about me as if wasn't standing right infront of him.

"They're the bestest friends I could ever ask for" I defended.
"Oh so it's a good thing to be getting names on criminal records now?" She sarcastically asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Listen, from now on things are changing round here. No more disrespect. No more sneaking out. And you are to do everything your father and I tell you. And I will not hesitate to hit you again" she hissed and then left with a sweep of her skirt.

I felt the anger boil inside me.

"We'll talk later once everyone calms down, okay" my dad said and than left the same way as my mum.

I threw myself onto the bed and than screamed into the covers. After a while of kicking things and crying, I drifted into sleep.

{ Pope POV }

I parked the van on the side of the pavement away from my house so my parents wouldn't see the car and know that I snuck out.

I jogged to my house and climbed up the pipes to get to my bedroom window. I slipped in and saw the time was 11:30, it's really not that late so I got into bed but went on my phone for a bit. I decided to text Kie and see how she is.

She was usually awake until crazy times of the night, like sometimes she'll send me texts at 4am.

I sent Kie a text that says: Hey you up?

An hour later: r u alive?
Me : Helloooo?
Me : Did Ur mum and dad kill u?

It's been nearly 2 hours she still didn't reply. That's really unlike her. I shook off the bad thoughts and decided to put my phone down and get some sleep. Maybe Kie was getting some rest too.

________________________________

I woke up to the sound of my mum and dad talking so I checked the time and it said 11am.

Oh shit, Im supposed to be seeing JJ in about an hour.

I sprung up and had a super quick shower and then I got changed into green shorts and a yellow button up shirt.

As soon as I got downstairs my mum came straight up to me.
"Morning" she beamed
"Morning..." I replied suspiciously

"Where did you go last night" my dad asked as he walked into the room.
"Wha-what are you talking about"

He laughed.
"Don't lie to me son, I saw you come back around about midnight. Where did you and blondie go, eh?"

"We just went out for a bit and than JJ, wanted to uh go back to the chatue" I said slightly twisting the truth.

"Oh did I scare him off"
"No - well you did kinda - I mean he doesn't really like talking about his home life" I stumbled over my words.

He just nodded.
"You going somewhere?"
"Yep, I'm off to go see JJ" I grabbed a piece of toast that just popped up and I sprinted out.

{ JJ POV }

It's 8:30am and I'm just walking down the street to the hell hole that I used to call home.

I still have a quite a long time until Pope gets to the chatue. He said afternoon so I'm guessing that means about 2:00.

I looked at the driveway and the same as last time, his car isn't here. I might actually be able to do this without getting caught.

I did a silent run up to my bedroom window and slid it open from the slight crack underneath. I always leave it opened like that.

I was half way through when I heard tyres crunching on the drive way. Fuck, I'm dead.

I don't have time to get out and run, so I just quickly shoved myself through the window and landed on the hard wooden floor.

"Oh shit, shit, shit" I whispered to myself...

What do y'all think of this?
Let me know ---------------------->
~Lexi