SHOWER

Marinette couldn't believe her awful luck. It was a far cry from only an hour earlier, when she had been (quietly) celebrating her luck in getting Adrien assigned as her partner for the entirety of their Chemistry unit. She had been excited about the prospect of getting to work with him one-on-one for once, especially since she could actually hold a conversation with him now.

Or rather, she had been able to hold a conversation with him. Now that she had been a complete and utter klutz and had accidentally spilled hydrochloric acid all over the front of his shirt, it was doubtful that he would ever want to speak to her again.

They had just been cleaning up. Cleaning up wasn't supposed to be dangerous. Of course, this was her that they were talking about. As Alya had once jokingly said, Marinette could make anything dangerous, especially when she was either around Adrien or in a hurry. And she had been hurriedly cleaning up their supplies at the end of the class around Adrien.

Even with her improved speaking-around-Adrien skills, that was a recipe for disaster.

"Mr. Agreste, under the emergency shower, now!" Madam Mendeleiev snapped and Adrien's head snapped up in surprise, startled out of his spill-induced daze. Marinette took advantage of his distraction and shoved him towards the previously unused shower in the corner of the room, kicking a box of equipment out of the way as she reached the emergency shower. As soon as he was under it, she yanked the chain and water started gushing out. Adrien let out a yelp of shock as he was promptly doused.

"The shirt has to come off!" Madam Mendeleiev reminded them as she cleaned up the rest of the spill at their station. The remainder of the class was staring at them even as they packed up their bags, ready for the lunch bell to ring. "And the rest of you, class is dismissed early. Out out out! And yes, that means you too, Miss Bourgeois," she added over Chloe's protests, abandoning her cleanup for a moment to shoo the blonde girl out of the door. "Adrien already has Miss Dupain-Cheng to assist him. He does not need you crowding around him."

Adrien's head had turned and his cheeks had turned pink at the order to remove his shirt, but he made no move to pull off the offending piece of clothing, apparently still reeling from the shock of having a chemical spilled on him. Panicking a little (if the acid damaged his skin and Mr. Agreste found out that she was the one who had spilled on him, she would be dead), Marinette yanked Adrien out of the shower and started trying to wrestle the shirt off of him. The sodden material stuck to his skin, making it hard to pull off, and without Adrien's participation, she really couldn't get the shirt off of his arms and over his head. Thankfully, Adrien's motor senses finally seemed to come back online after a few seconds of tugging and he took over, peeling the shirt off and over his head before tossing it to the side. Marinette couldn't help but notice that his chest and stomach were looking a little pink where the tainted fabric had touched his skin and-

She shouldn't be staring. Even if she hadn't been the one to spill on him, Adrien was a private sort of person. He would probably be embarrassed enough already about having to strip off his shirt in school without people staring at the skin he exposed.

Marinette hastily rearranged her face into something suitably concerned before anyone saw her staring. Of course, there weren't many people left behind anymore to see- Chloe had finally decided that the whole room was too messy for her to risk hanging around any longer, and most of the rest of the class had taken off as soon as Madam Mendeleiev had dismissed them. Alya had hung around for a moment longer, as had Nino, but a glare from their teacher had sent them scampering through the door, glancing backwards over their shoulders until the door clicked shut behind them.

"It looks like the acid probably dripped on your pants as well." Madam Mendeleiev came over to stand next to Marinette, frowning at the sodden boy in the shower. The pool of water had risen and was starting to dampen the toes of her shoes. "You should take those off, too. I'll go to the office to get something for you to wear until you can get home and change, and then I'll let the janitors know so they can come clean up. Miss Dupain-Cheng, you'll stay here to help if needed?"