MASKS

This was originally supposed to be at letter "M"... But I thought of giving some Ladrien... 

Enjoy, presenting you, "MASKS"

(lol, that did look like a drama entry XD)

"A dream is a wish your heart makes," Marinette sang as she measured up a black velvet fabric and marked the place with a pin, "when you're fast asleep."

"In dreams, you will lose your heartache," A smooth tenor voice coming from her balcony cut in the famous Disney song, "whatever you wish for, you keep."

Marinette squeaked and threw a large cloth over the mannequin. She turned around just as Chat Noir peeked from the crack on her trapdoor. He gave her a toothy grin. "Good evening, purrincess!"

"Chat! What a c-coincidence! Y-You're here!" Marinette said, creeping towards her desk and inconspicuously closed her sketchbook. "What can I do for you?"

Chat Noir raised an eyebrow at this. It was strange for Marinette to stutter around him - the Chat Noir him, not the Adrien him of course. As Adrien, this was a norm, but for Chat Noir, not so much.

Swinging down, he landed silently in the middle of her bedroom, crouching on all fours. His eyes darted from her messy worktable to the covered mannequin and settled on the nervous look on her face. A sly grin grew on his lips. He pounced towards the model, but Marinette intercepted him. Just as his claws were about to snag the fabric, Marinette got a hold of his wrists and pulled him away from her creation.

Unfortunately, Marinette lost her balance. With a squeak from her and a yowl from Chat Noir, both of them fell painfully on the floor.

"Ow, Chat, you're heavy!" Marinette complained as she struggled under his weight. Chat Noir realized the compromising position they were in, and he, much to Marinette's chagrin, gave her a smug smirk. He leaned down, forcing her to lean backward until the back of her head thumped on the wooden floorboard.

"Cat got your tongue?" He said huskily. A dark blush bloomed on her face. His smile grew wider like the Cheshire Cat. With a frown, she pushed his face away.

"You wish, you mangy cat." Marinette retorted.

He laughed as he stood and pulled her up with him. Chat Noir glanced at the mannequin again, his curiosity still perked up, but he knew Marinette would stab him with a needle before he could even get two feet near it. He asked, "So what have you been working on that is so hush-hush?"

Marinette turned red some more. "It's a secret."

He eyed her reaction with interest. It was rare for Marinette to act like this around him. If he remembered correctly, she had only done that around Adrien. So what happened that would garner Marinette to act around Chat the way she acted around Adrien?

"You know, you're making me extremely curious here, princess." Chat Noir said playfully.

"Curiosity killed the cat." Marinette pointed out.

He had heard that line too many times. He replied automatically, "But satisfaction brought it back. C'mon, princess, it can't hurt to let me see your creation. You know how I love your designs."

"You can't look!" Marinette snapped. Chat Noir took a step back in surprise. Her eyes widened and she spluttered out apologies. "No, not in that way! I mean – just you! I-it's a secret! And it would be embarrassing for you to – argh, what am I saying?"

He watched as she palmed herself on the face. Whatever she was making, it was obviously not for his eyes. "Okay, I won't pry any longer."

Marinette looked up to him. "What?"