WALTZ

(A/N: New banner, yes!)

---------------------------------------------------

The night breeze wasn't that cold, but Chat Noir still shivered slightly under his suit. It kept out most of the winter chill, but still left him freezing.

As he leaped from rooftop to rooftop, he spotted a window with the light still on from a very familiar bakery. His curiosity perked up, Chat Noir bounded for Marinette's home.

Landing silently on the railings of her balcony, he flipped upside down and peeked through her window. What he saw almost made him slip from his perch.

Marinette was dancing!

What was even stranger was that she was dancing with a mannequin. He watched as she twirled around, dragging the revolving thing with her around the room, trying to be in time with the music. Her movements were fluid, but her timing and the form of her posture was wrong.

Chat tapped on the glass of her window. Marinette stopped and looked over him. Her eyes widened and flickered to a spot on her desk, but it went unnoticed. She switched off the music and marched up to her window and opened it. She hissed, "What are you doing here, Chat Noir?"

"Can't a knight visit his princess?" Chat Noir said with a grin. But then his façade was swept away by the cold wind, sending him sneezing.

"Come in, quick." Marinette said, partly because the chill was blowing into her room, and partly because she felt bad for him, freezing outside.

"Thank you." Chat said gratefully as he jumped inside, rubbing his arms as he looked around her room. His eyes fell on her interesting collection of pictures.

"So," Chat Noir drawled, "Adrien Agreste, huh?"

Marinette turned red as she tried to put down her posters. Chat laughed. "No, Marinette, leave it. Sorry, I won't tease you."

He grinned as she looked at him in embarrassment. She said, "So why is it that you came here, Chat?"

"Well, I saw that your light was still on in the middle of the night. And so I got curious."

"Curiosity killed the cat." Marinette said automatically.

Chat replied smoothly, "Satisfaction brought it back. Besides, it looks to me that you need a little help with your little waltz."

"I don't need help. I just need a little more practice." Marinette muttered.

"With a dummy?" Chat raised an eyebrow. Marinette looked away. "Thought so. Well, you're in luck, princess. Because this black cat shall be your mentor."

Marinette stared at him skeptically. "You can dance?"

"More than you think." Chat said with a wink. "So, first of all, why are you dancing, what piece, and with whom?"