LADYBUG

Fresh out of the oven, I just completed it, published it earlier than decided.

Sorry for the late update, I had a family function. XD

It was nearing the end of the semester when Madam Mendeleiev made the announcement, waking up the entire class from their heat-induced laze

"I've noticed that some of you are being rather sloppy with coming to class on time," she started sternly. "So starting Monday, I will be locking the door as soon as the bell rings. If you are late, you can go to the principal and explain to him why you could not manage to rouse yourself in time."

Marinette slumped in her seat. This was just to punish her, she was sure. She had gotten better this semester at having an alarm set for morning at all times, just in case she fell asleep at her desk doing homework. Still, sometimes she still sleepily hit the snooze button without thinking about it...and sometimes Tikki did, just as tired as Marinette herself.

Once she had time again, Marinette would have to build something to hold her phone that would prevent both of them from turning off the alarm without realizing it.

There were only four more weeks in the semester, though. Maybe she wouldn't be late again.

A week and a half later

Adrien frowned at the empty seat behind him. The bell was about to ring and Marinette had yet to show up. Somehow she had managed to arrive with plenty of time every day since the announcement, but it looked like her lucky streak was over.

"Alya, is Marinette coming today?" Adrien asked, leaning backwards over her desk. "Class is about to start!"

Alya was looking worried. "She should be! I would call her, but that would just slow her down if she's on her way."

The bell rang loudly and Madam Mendeleiev wasted no time in slamming the door shut and locking it. Seconds later, Adrien saw the top of a black head of hair skid to a stop in front of the door. Marinette didn't even try the door, instead turning away and heading back the way she came. She had probably heard the click of the lock as she raced towards the classroom.

"Oh, she's going to get in trouble," Alya murmured, her head turning to watch her friend race away. Madam Mendeleiev didn't notice, busy writing down their exercises on the board. Adrien winced in sympathy before pulling out his notebook and starting work on the first of the problems.

"I can't go to the principal, he'll call my parents again and I'll get in trouble," Marinette groaned as she skidded to a halt. Then she froze. "Wait. The windows. They've been open all week because the classroom gets so stuffy in this weather!"

Tikki flew out of her bag. "But Marinette! The windows are on second floor! Someone would see you going in, even if you don't fall and hurt yourself!"

Marinette turned and headed for the stairs to the roof. "Marinette wouldn't be able to do it, but Ladybug could! I'll be Ladybug when I'm swinging, then turn into Marinette just before I reach the window." Tikki didn't look convinced, so Marinette added, "All the practice I have as Ladybug with swinging around the city has made me so much better in gym class. I'll just have to plan my swing carefully."