HALLOWEEN

So since Halloween is nearing... HERE'S A HALLOWEEN ONE-SHOT!!

"Look, Marinette! Costume contest!" Alya pointed to the sign that had appeared on the classroom door. "It's on Halloween!"

"That's an entire month out," Marinette commented as she peered over Alya's shoulder. "They must have anticipated that some of us would be making our own costumes." She glances in Alya's direction. "And costumes for our friends as well."

"We could go as Ladybug and Chat Noir!" Alya suggested, clapping her hands together with an expression of glee. "You'd make such an adorable Ladybug, Marinette!"

Marinette's stomach dropped.

"But Alya! You love Ladybug so much, don't you want to go as her?" Marinette asked earnestly, trying to force down an expression of complete and utter panic. "And I could go as Chat Noir."

Alya paused and looked back at her friend. "Are you sure? I mean, I'd love to go as Ladybug, of course, but you're the one making the costumes. You should get first pick."

"And I pick the kitty cat," Marinette retorted. "I don't think that there's anyone in Paris that's a bigger fan of Ladybug than you are, so you should go as her."

"You're the best, Marinette!"

*****

Four weeks later, Halloween arrived. Adrien arrived early as always, dressed up as a knight. He hadn't picked the outfit himself, Nathalie had, but he couldn't say that he didn't like it. The visor was made of the same material that his fencing mask was, allowing him to see right through it even with the face mask pulled down.

"Dude, that's awesome!" Nino gasped as soon as he saw Adrien. "What's that made out of?"

"Not a clue," Adrien confessed. "I'm hoping I don't win, though. One of the people making their own costumes deserve it more."

Nino only laughed. "I think there's different categories so that people who made their own get recognition." He paused and gasped. "Look at Alya and Marinette!"

Adrien spun around to spot the two girls heading towards him. Alya was dressed in a perfect replication of Ladybug's suit, down to the yo-yo at her waist. Marinette had clearly even gone to the trouble of lining up where the spots should be and covering even Alya's feet and hands with whatever material she had used for the outfit. Alya's mask was mostly fabric and adhered on, and then someone- Adrien guessed Marinette- had painted around her eyes.

And Marinette. Good lord. Had she been following him around the city to get reference pictures for her outfit? If he hadn't known better, he would have thought that his double was walking down the street. She had even tucked her black hair under a styled blonde wig and gotten some sort of contacts to tint her entire eye green.

"I think Marinette will win," Adrien said hoarsely. No one could ever say that she didn't have an eye for detail. Even as she drew closer, the only major difference he could see between his alter ego and his classmate was the large disparity in height. Somehow she had managed to flatten out her chest, and-

-and he should probably stop staring and write it off as girl magic.

Seeing everyone in their class dressed up was amusing. Chloe was a princess, or perhaps a queen, and Sabrina her lady-in-waiting. The blond girl sparkled with the abundance of jewelry that she had piled on, and wouldn't stop making comments about needing a knight to save her. Rose was an elf, Juleka a fairy. Nathanael was Shakespeare, apparently. Some costumes were more elaborate than others. Kim had barely tried, his cowboy hat and jeans not that different from his normal outfit. Some costumes were store bought, like his own, while others were homemade.