SHOCK

Part 2 of Rage, that was saved to be published for later, feline very good today, posted it now XD

Adrien walked from class to class in a daze, the lectures passing from one ear to the other, unprocessed and forgotten

Adrien walked from class to class in a daze, the lectures passing from one ear to the other, unprocessed and forgotten. Before he knew it, the day had passed by in a blur and he was waiting outside for the car while the revelation whirled around his brain.

Marinette is Ladybug.

He shook his head. She only said some things that were similar to his lady. How could she be her?

But don't the miraculous work in mysterious ways? Another side of him – the Chat Noir side of him – said with hope. Maybe it is her, but there was just a mist that hung over everyone's eyes, obscuring the obvious and making them see what's in front of them but at the same time, not.

Through all of this internal turmoil, Nino just watched his bestfriend in bemused silence. More than once or twice, he had to pull Adrien out of the way so as not to bump into people. Maybe he's still in shock from Marinette's fierce explosion.

Just his luck, Marinette and Alya came out from around the bend.

"Oh! Nino and Adrien!" Alya said loudly. "Are you two going home?"

"Yup." Nino piped up. He looked over at Adrien (who was still out of it) and elbowed him.

Adrien snapped out of his daze and locked eyes with Marinette. Nino watched with interest and suspicion as Adrien's cheeks turned red. The way he looked at Marinette was the same way he looked at Ladybug that Jackady day.

Nino elbowed him again. "Dude."

"Oh! Um, bye Marinette!" Adrien blurted out.

Marinette squeaked out a goodbye and dragged Alya away to her home. Once Adrien realized what had happened, they were already gone. He sighed. "Do you think she hates me?"

"Marinette doesn't hate anyone." Nino said. "Well, aside from Chloe. And Lila. But don't worry. She doesn't hate you, man. The opposite actually."

Adrien looked at him in confusion. "What d'you mean?"

Nino grinned. He wondered how much he could reveal to this oblivious boy before Alya killed him. "Nah. Don't worry about it, dude. Just worry about Chat Noir."

Adrien's heart skipped a beat. Did Nino notice something about his alter ego? "What about Chat Noir?"

"He might steal Marinette away."

Adrien choked. He held out a hand as he beat his chest a few times. Nino looked at him in worry. "You okay, dude?"

"I-I'm fine." Adrien managed to say. He saw the car pull up in front of the school and waved goodbye at Nino. "See you tomorrow, Nino."

Nino gave him a two fingered salute and watched the car drive away. He blinked a few times then shrugged. Occasionally some weird days would occur and seems like today was one of them.