Chapter 64- Assignment

Boran alp P.O.V (Aylah is around 5)

I watch Aylah frown at her paper, tongue sticking out in concentration. Gunduz teaches the three just like he taught us all those years ago. I flipped a small dagger in my hand, one that Konur made for me when I turned 17. I used to make jokes about Konur small dagger he threw, so he made me one of my own to prove it was 'superior'. 

"What did Gunduz Bey tell you to write, Aylah'm?" Gonca asks, glancing at her daughter who looks up from her paper. "Emmi s-said to write a d-diary, and act like the person reading doesn't know m-me." Aylah, unfortunately, has the same stutter I did, but she has a confidence I never did.

"Are you almost done? You were supposed to finish today," I ask, and Aylah nods, "Almost done, Baba." I notice a mischievous look in my daughter's eyes, wondering what she had written. "I'm done!" Aylah shouts, handing me the paper quickly, and I look over her writing.

Selam, My name is Aylah! Gunduz Emmi is making me write this diary, and I don't really want to, but I have to for some reason.

Anyway, I'm 5 years old and live in the Kayi tribe with my Ana and Baba. My Ana's name is Gonca hatun and my Baba is Boran alp. My Baba is really cool and brave.

I also have three uncles, Goktug Emmi, Gunduz Emmi, and Osman Emmi. Osman Bey is the bey of the entire tribe! He thinks he's the coolest person ever, but don't tell him he's not or it'll hurt his feelings. 

Gunduz Emmi also thinks he's cool, but he's not that cool. He makes me write a lot and it's really boring. You can tell him, he's not cool, I think he already knows that anyway.

My best friends are Orhan and Melike, they're Osman Bey's children. They're also really annoying sometimes, especially Orhan, but they're still my friends. Melike is probably the coolest, don't tell her I said that though, she takes Goktug Emmi's dagger without him even noticing.

Goktug Emmi is very easy to prank, he never even sees it coming. I think by now he should know but still doesn't. He should just give up on trying to get his dagger back, he'll never find it.

My Baba is teaching me to play the Kopuz just like he does, and it's really fun. Baba is way better at playing than I am, but I will be better than him one day.

My Ana is really good at painting, I don't know how she does it. I like to paint sometimes, but it is really hard to make it look good.

That's all I have to say, and by the way, Gunduz Emmi, if this hurts your feelings, I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry. :)

I bit my lip, trying to hold back my laughter, "This is great, Aylah, good job." Aylah smiles proudly and I stand up, "I'm going to go give this to Gunduz, I'll be back in a bit." Gonca nods, and I head out the door.

"May I come in, Abi?" I ask after knocking on the door, "Come in, Boran." I hear Gunduz call back and to my surprise, Osman was already there. "Are you here for the same reason he is?" Gunduz asks, eyes flickering down to the paper in my hand. "Did Aylah roast him in every way possible?"

Osman asks hopefully and I nod, sitting down beside them, "Not only him, but she also fired some shots at you too." Osman frowns, leaning to read over Gunduz's shoulder. Gunduz pulls the paper away from Osman, eyes still scanning over the page in amusement, "I just wanted to read!" Osman exclaims and Gunduz shakes his head, "Well, you can wait.

Gunduz sucks in a breath, "Ouch, that hurts, I'm not cool." Osman smirks, snatching the paper out of his hand, "You were never cool, Abi." "What did Melike write?" I ask, and Gunduz rolls his eyes, "She used every, and any large words that could be used to roast me. I feel very attacked," I laugh, "Melike is a whole mood."

"Honestly, these things remind me of you guys, I still have the papers you did for me." I raise my eyebrows, "You kept them?" Gunduz nods, chuckling, "Every single one, want to see?" Osman nods, "Obviously."

Gunduz searches through a chest and takes out a couple of papers. He looks through them and hands one to each of us. "These are from when you were 7, I asked you guys, Konur and Aybars to create a story. But, you each had to take turns by using one word."

I take the paper from his hand, reading my messy handwriting, seeing the script change after every word. 

Gunduz Bey is a very strange human. He likes fart mountains and monkeys that eat horses.

I burst into a fit of laughter after only reading the first line, "This is amazing." "It's good to know I'm loved," Gunduz deadpans, rolling his eyes.

Osman nods to the page, "Read the next line, it's quite offensive."

Osman is very cool... in his head, but really he is a big fart face. 

I snicker, "Your plan to call yourself cool backfired miserably, fart-face."  Osman rolls his eyes, hitting the back of my head, "Excuse you, Boran, I am very cool." "Keep telling yourself that," I retort, with an amused chuckle.

"Besides the rather insulting things you guys wrote, I have countless empty assignments you never completed. And one day, I will make you two complete them."

Osman and I look at each other, quickly standing up, "I got to go, bye, Abi!"

A/N: Hey guys, hope you're all doing well. Sorry, this took ages, I started a really good book series, and it killed my writing inspiration. 

Also, The next chapter shall be the final chapter of this book! Horaayy! But, don't worry, I'll be continuing with Aylah's story in the Sequel.

Let me know what you would like to see for the final chapter!

Salaam and Have a great day,

-Laraib