A Good News

Boran Alp P.O.V

Erhan was put back to duty, I saw him almost every day around Sogut, but he mostly seemed to stay away from everyone else. But, he went to the Inn each time and came back rather quickly. 'Boran, it sounds like you're a stalker.' I shake my head, 'No, no. I just need proof. That's all.' 'I swear my thoughts are going to drive me crazy.' (Me too, Boran. Me too.) "Boran, Everything is alright here. Let's head back to the tribe and tell Gunduz Bey of new merchants coming in," Goktug says behind me and I nod. "Let's go, kardesh." 

When we get to the tribe, Osman Bey comes up to us practically bouncing. I look at Goktug, who just shrugs. "What happened, Bey? May it be good." I ask when Osman Bey is close enough to us, and Osman just grins. "Why wouldn't it be good, Boran? I'm going to be a father! A father!"Osman yells out towards the sky. I look at Goktug and then back at Osman before hugging him in congratulation. I've never seen Osman Bey so happy before and for Osman, I know it's a dream come true.  (I love Osman and Bala together way too much so yes. No second marriage here.)

"Insha Allah your children will follow your footsteps and strive on Allah's path," Goktug says and Osman Bey sighs happily. "Insha Allah, Goktug. Insha Allah." Osman Bey sets a hand on both of our shoulders, "I will have a feast tonight in honor of this good news. Both of you, come tonight." We both press a hand to our chests, "Eyvallah, Bey." Osman Bey smiles once again before going on his way. "Well, that was pretty unexpected," Goktug says and I nod slowly.

After talking to Gunduz Bey about the new merchants coming from Vatican lands. Personally, I don't know much about the trade, of course, I don't, I'm an alp. But, considering the panicked look on Gunduz Bey's face and his rushed thought process, we got a lot of work to do. "How much time do we have, Goktug?" Gunduz Bey asks and I can see the numbers working in his head. "The other merchants said 2 weeks, but others said 3 weeks." Gunduz paces around his tent, stroking his beard in thought. He muttered numbers as he calculated everything in his head. 

How he managed to do that always amazed me, Gunduz rarely had to write every step of his calculations down. In that way, Ertugrul Gazi compared him to Gundogdu Bey, Gunduz's uncle. I saw Gundogdu Bey only once when I was around 11 years old. It was after his son, Suleyman's death, and it was the one time I saw Ertugrul Gazi be so deeply saddened. I had talked to Suleyman once at the training field where I was practicing with my bow. He let me hold his dagger, which at the time I thought his dagger was the coolest one I had ever seen. It had a  shiny emerald green handle that matched the sword exactly. His death made me upset, especially after hearing just how much he was tortured, but the pain in his family's faces was much worse.

"Boran," Gunduz's voice snaps me out of my memory. "Tomorrow morning, come with me to Sogut. There's a lot of work to do and we don't have much time. Today is my little brother's happy day and we will share his happiness. Tomorrow, we will get to work. " Gunduz finishes smiling, and I'm reminded of the love Gunduz has for his younger brother. Osman has always gotten on both Gunduz and Savci's nerve with his reckless thrill for battle, especially when he was younger. But, Gunduz and Savci love Osman the most and would do anything to protect him.

Gonca hatun P.O.V

(Earlier that day)

I was moving some things around my tent when Bala burst in, "Gonca?" I startle at the sudden noise and I walk over to Bala, grabbing her arms, "What happened, Bala?"  I ask worriedly as Bala catches her breath. "Gonca, I'm pregnant," my brain takes a moment to process that information before I hug Bala tight. "I told you it would all work out, Bala," and she nods wiping happy tears. "Did you tell Osman Bey yet?" I ask and Bala shakes her head, "Then go tell him." I say lightly pushing Bala out the door, laughing. 

Later that day, we all walk to the bey's tent where we see Aygul and Cerkutay laughing about something outside. "What's so funny?" Boran asks beside me and Aygul stops laughing. Cerkutay opens his mouth to say something, but Aygul shushes him. "Trust me, you'll see," she says and tilts her head to the side gesturing for us to look. Hazal hatun walks alongside Dundar Bey, her expression between fuming and annoyed. The group of us break into snickering at her expression. Gunduz and Savci are trying to hide their snickering, as we all stand in a circle like a group of kids. 

When Hazal hatun spots us, she tries to mask her expression and saunters over to us. "What happened? You all have gathered like a group of children. Have you forgotten you are all Beys and alps?" As Hazal hatun talks, Boran and Goktug stand behind her moving their mouths, mimicking everything she says. 'You two are going to get yourselves in trouble if Dundar Bey or Hazal hatun sees you.'  I think and Gunduz almost starts laughing at Boran and Goktug's acting, but he quickly disguises it as a cough. 

Hazal turns around and Boran nudges Goktug and they both quickly stop. They stand still and look straight ahead while the rest of us watch in amusement. When Hazal hatun turns and walks back to where Dundar Bey stands, we all let out a breath. "Well, that was..." Savci starts, "hilarious?" "Funny?" "Dangerous?"  Boran, Goktug and Gunduz say at the same time. "I was just going to say interesting, but those work too," Savci says nodding. "Come on, let's not keep Osman Bey waiting!" Gunduz says enthusiastically, ushering us to the tent.

The happiness on everyone's face-well except Hazal hatun- is unquestionable. I watched Osman and Bala's entire story and as of right now the two have never been happier. Their happiness and love will never be a weakness, but a strength. A fundamental strength for the state Osman Bey works to build.

A/N: This was a nice, sweet chapter to write. I had another idea with Erhan that I was going to fit into this chapter, but I decided it would be better for the next chapter instead. Osman and Bala will forever superior because their chemistry is better than the others. It will only be Osman and Bala here. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to pray for our brothers and sisters in Palestine!

Salaam and have a good day!