Gifts

(This is a rather chill chapter, so sit back and enjoy! Also, this is a couple of days later, so Boran is fine.)

Boran alp P.O.V

I walked to the Jewelry stand in Sogut, ignoring the curious looks Goktug kept giving me. I looked over an array of bracelets when one particularly caught my eye. It's silver with a blue gem in the center. Even within the silver, streaks of blue shine through. "How much for this one?" I ask the merchant as I take out my small pouch of gold. I count out a few extra coins and hand them to the merchant. The man smiled and put the bracelet into a small velvet pouch. I walked back to where Goktug stood waiting for me, "Come on, let's go." Goktug smirks at me, "Why? Got special plans?" "Yes, In fact. I DO have special plans, Goktug," I say. I bet he wasn't expected that.

Gonca hatun P.O.V 

I carefully braid the brown ropes together, making sure it's tight before adding a bead at each end and tying it together in a loose knot. "What are you making, Gonca?" Bala asks as I take a small wooden arrow I made out of its pouch. "A bracelet," I respond, tying the small arrow charm onto the bracelet with a string. "He'll like that," Bala says, sitting down next to me. "I hope he does," I say, smiling to myself. 

In the evening as I'm walking to my tent, I hear Boran's voice behind me. "Gonca hatun, In the mood to ride somewhere?" I turn around and smile at him, "Where are we going, Boran alp?" I ask him and he just grins, "You'll see Gonca, You'll see."  "Wait for me at the stables, I'll be there soon," I tell him and he happily takes off. I walk inside my tent, grabbing the pouch with the bracelet and heading to the stables. 

As we ride together,  Boran leads me to a forest where he hops off his horse and ties the reigns to a tree. Just as I get off my horse and tie the reigns, Boran puts his hands over my eyes.

Boran alp P.O.V

"Boran?" Gonca says. "Gonca?" I say back, mimicking her tone. "Boran, I can't see." I snicker, "That would be the point, Gonca." Gonca hits my arm, "Ouch, What'd I do?" "Where are we going?" I don't say anything and continue to lead her down the path until a reach the spot. It outlooked a beautiful valley and gave us a clear view of the sunset. The blue of the sky swirled into the orange of the sunset. I uncover Gonca's eyes and she looks around, marveling the view. "Boran... it's beautiful."

Goktug Alp P.O.V

Osman Bey said he was going to eat with us in the alp tent today. He said he missed it, the crazy style he had before becoming a bey. And according to Boran, Osman Bey just did whatever he wanted and they would follow. Osman Bey walks into the tent, greeting each of us before looking around. "Where's Boran?" Osman Bey asked, and we all look at each other. "He's somewhere... doing something... probably trying to be romantic." I say and the alp nod along. Osman Bey just raises his eyebrows at me and I shrug. "Well he bought a bracelet in Sogut, said he had plans and now he's not here. I just put the pieces together." Osman Bey nods slowly, "I guess that works."

Boran alp P.O.V

We sat side by side close to the edge of the outlook. "I got you something," I say, pulling the velvet pouch out of my belt. "You did?" Gonca asks as I carefully take the bracelet out. I reach out and grab her hand in mine. I show her the silver bracelet, the blue streaks shining in the evening light. Gonca looks at it in awe, "Do you like it?"  I ask hopefully as I clasp it onto her wrist. "I love it, Boran," she says smiling at me. All of sudden, Gonca starts to laugh and I raise an eyebrow in question. Gonca shakes her head, "Boran, I got you something too. And it's a bracelet." I join in on her laughter.

"That's not fair, you copied me!" I whine, and Gonca gives me a look as she pulls out a small leather pouch. I look at it in curiosity as Gonca takes a brown, braided rope bracelet with a small wooden arrow attached. I take it from her hand and look at the little arrow that hung from the rope. "You're an archer," Gonca says. "You love to use your bow," I smile as I fasten the bracelet to my wrist, fingering the arrow. "I love it, Gonca'm. I love it," I say ,looking up and smiling.

After a few moments of comfortable silence, I speak up. "Y'know this would've been a perfect time to propose." I say and Gonca turns to look at me. "But, Osman Bey beat me to it," I chuckle. "Ask me." Gonca says suddenly, "Ask me, Boran."  "Uuh..." I fluster and take a deep breath. "Gonca Hatun, will you... will you do me the honor of being my wife?"  "Yes I will, Boran alp. Yes I will." I smile at her, and meet her eyes. It's crazy how much my world has changed

(Fast forward- Back at the tribe)

I walk into the alp tent and see Osman Bey and Goktug sitting with the other alps. I press my hand to my chest in greeting and go to sit next to them. "Soo, Did you have fun?" Goktug questions, nudging me. "You guys really need to get your own lives, so you can stop harrassing me for every detail of mine." I grumble, making Osman Bey and the other alps laugh. "But, Boran, you trying to use romantic lines is very entertaining." Ayaz says and Goktug nods enthusiastically. "Glad you think so," I say as I smooth my hair down with my hand. "What's that?" Goktug asks pointing at my bracelet, and I feel my face heat up slightly. "It's a bracelet," Ayaz offers, and Goktug rolls his eyes. "Well I know that. Where'd you get it Boran? I know you didn't have that before." Goktug pesters and my face reddens, "Uuuh... Gonca made it for me." A chorus of "awwws"break out and I shake my head, smiling to myself.

"You guys say my lines are awkward, but at least they aren't weird like whatever Osman Bey said." Osman Bey looks at me, "What's that supposed to mean, Boran?" Osman Bey asks, acting offended. "Bey, I was your messenger which meant everytime I had to tell you something, I had to interrupt you. Some of those metaphor you used made absolutely no sense." The alps chuckle, Osman seemed unfazed though. "But, they worked Boran. That's what matters." I nod slowly, twisting my bracelet on my wrist. "In all these love stories, doesn't the man save the woman first?" I ask to no one in particular, and Osman bey nods like he's unsure of what I'm hinting at. "But Bey, Bala hatun had to save you first."

The alps erupt into laughter and Osman just shakes his head at me, smiling slightly. "Ha Ha, very funny Boran," Osman Bey say sarcastically. Then he smirks, "Nice try at directing the attention away from you." I groan, slapping my hand over my eyes. Not this again.

A/N: First of all, I hope you all are having a wonderful Eid. And no I didn't write this today, I wrote it most of it yesterday. I kinda missed Osman being chill and hanging out with alps, so I decided to write it in. Let me know if you have a thoughts or suggestions in the comment.

Salaam and have a great day

-Laraib