Two Brothers

A/N: Hey guys, so I haven't finished watching the episode yet, so we have a flashback chapter. It'll basically be memories from the characters' childhoods. 

Many years ago- Konur Alp P.O.V age 8

I'm scared. The soldiers took Goktug and I away from the tribe and I don't know where they're taking us. Baba is gone, Ana is gone, but I won't let them take my brother away. I will protect him from these monsters.

"Abi?" Goktug tugs on my sleeve, his bottom lip quivering. "I'm scared," I hug him tight, "Don't be scared kardesh'm, you have your Abi." "Will Baba come and save us?" I can't tell him Baba is gone, it'll break his heart. "Yok (No), Baba has gone to meet Allah. Only very special people get to meet Allah, Goktug." His bright blue eyes widen, "R-Really?"

I nod, "Will we get to meet Allah someday, Abi?" I smile at my little brother, "We'll go together, I promise." The Mongol behind us pushes us forward, making Goktug stumble. "Don't touch my brother." I hiss, glaring at the soldier, and he grins disgustingly. I grab Goktug's hand, "Don't let go of me, okay?" 

They make us stop for the night in a forest, Goktug and I sit against a tree. Goktug buries his face into my shoulder, shivering from the cold. Neither of us finished getting dressed that morning, but I take my top tunic off. I wrap the cloth around my little brother and let him snuggle into me. I quietly sing to Goktug, getting him to go to sleep while I stay awake and watch over him.

Fast Forward- Konur is rescued by Ertugrul Bey, Goktug is not rescued.

"Goktug!" I scream out, seeing the Mongol grab my little brother. Goktug starts crying, looking for me, "Abi! Help me!" I try to run after him, but Ertugrul Bey's alp holds me back. "Goktug, Kardesh'm!" I fight against them, trying to get to my brother. "No! I can't leave him! They're going to hurt him!"

"We can't go after them now, it's too late, there are too many men." I hear Ertugrul bey say, but I don't listen, "Goktug!" I yell, and I hear Goktug cry, "I want my Abi!" Ertugrul Bey holds me, "We can't get him now, but I promise we'll find him one day." I start to cry, "I promised him, I promised I would keep him safe." I stop fighting him and go limp, 'I won't die before I find you, Goktug.'

We did search every slave market nearby, Ertugrul Bey checked markets when he traveled, but we never found my blue-eyed little brother. But, one day we did, but it wasn't the way I hoped.

Many years ago, Boran alp P.O.V, age 9

Konur, Osman, and I are best friends. Blood brothers too. Konur and I sit on the bridge over the pond, "I wish Goktug was here." Konur says quietly and I look over at him. "We'll find him one day, Konur," I say, swinging my arm around his shoulder. "And he will be my brother just like you are, then we can get him married." I joke, trying to lighten the mood, and Konur cracks a smile. "Boran, he's like 5 years old right now." "I know, I'm talking about the future, moron."

"And besides, if you don't like that idea, then I'll team up with Goktug to get you married." I say confidently, and Konur snorts, "Yeah, right." Osman comes and sits next to us, "What are you doing here? I thought you said Gunduz Abi was teaching you something." I ask and Osman shrugs, "I was annoying him apparently, so he kicked me out." 

"What are you guys talking about?" He asks, looking over at us. "Which one of us do you think will get married first?" I say and Osman crinkles his nose, "Why are you talking about that?" I shrug, "I think Osman will get married first." Konur claims and I nod. Osman looks at us questioningly and I roll my eyes, "You're the bey's son, of course, you're getting married first."

"So? That doesn't mean I'll get married first. Anyway, I'm bored, want to go hunting?" Osman asks, changing the subject. I raise an eyebrow, "Osman, we aren't allowed to leave the tribe from the last time we went hunting alone." Osman sighs in defeat, "Fine, what else can we do?"

Konur's light blue eyes light up, "We can prank someone." Osman and I perk up, turning to him, "Who?" "Gunduz Abi and his friend Cagri." Konur says proudly and Osman nods excitedly, "Good idea, let's go." We all stand up and head to the training field to lay out our plans.

Fast Forward- Boran alp P.O.V age 21

We sit around fires in the dark, cooking the meat we had hunted. Osman sits with his back against a tree, twirling a twig in his hands as he stares up at the sky, a small smile on his face. Konur nudges me, "Bak (look), Our Osman Bey is daydreaming again." I smirk, daydreaming is something Osman has been doing a lot lately, and we think it has something to do with the girl at the Port Bazaar.

"Bey," Konur calls, and Osman startles, looking over at us. "What's up? You seem to be thinking about something important." I snicker, "More like someone." Osman's face reddens and Gunduz looks over at his brother, smirking. "Oh really? And who is this someone, Osman?"

Osman's mouth falls open slightly, realizing we have him trapped. "No one," he grumbles, looking away. "What about the way you looked at that hatun at the Port Bazaar?" Konur keeps going and Osman's face gets redder by the second. "And that horse you brought to the tribe that you spent all afternoon healing? That horse belongs to her, doesn't it?"

Osman sighs, "It's her horse. The horse was really sick, and she was so sad. And seeing her sad, for some reason, broke my heart and I can't stop thinking about her eyes and-" Osman looks up, realizing he was rambling out loud.  Gunduz grins, "Aww, my little brother is in love." He says, pushing Osman's shoulder.

"Love? I think you're getting ahead of yourselves. I don't..." Osman trails off, his eyes widening, and Gunduz chuckles. "That's what they all say, Osman." But, Osman still seems to be stuck on the word, love. "Great, now he's going to spend all night thinking about that," I say sarcastically. "I'm so going to tell Baba about this when I send him a letter tomorrow," Gunduz says, trying to get Osman's attention. Osman jolts up, "No! Don't you dare." We all start to laugh and Osman sits back down, mumbling to himself.

A/N: Well, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! These are all little scenes that come into my head, and I enjoy writing them. Anyway, don't forget to pray for our brothers and sisters in Palestine!

Salaam and have a great day!