Chapter 61- Names

(A/N: A nice fluffy chapter with Gonbor, about 2 months later.)

"Boran, would you want a daughter or a son?" Gonca asks and I look up from the dagger handle I was trying to fix. "I haven't thought about it really," I say casually, and Gonca smirks, sitting beside me. "How many times do I have to remind you that you're a bad liar?"

I chuckle, setting the dagger down, "Fine, I have thought about it, I think having a girl would be cool." I admit and Gonca raises an eyebrow, "Really?" I nod, "Yeah, and if she has your eyes, well that's even better."

"You always say you're scared of my eyes, Boran. What are you going to do if your daughter has the same scary eyes?" Gonca jokes and I grin, shaking my head, "Scary, yes. But, also incredibly beautiful." 

Gonca smiles, reaching over and grabbing my hand, "Fine, but, I still like your eyes better." I raise my eyebrows, "Why? My eyes aren't special or anything." "Who told you that? Your eyes are a  pretty light brown color, a lot of people have darker eyes. That color is special."

I shake my head slightly, pressing a kiss to her cheek, "Fine if you say so." I say, just like she did before, "If we do have a girl... we could name her Aylah?" Gonca suggests a slight question in her voice as I stop for a  moment. "You talk about how it hurts you when you start to forget her, but that way, you'll always have a way to remember."

I think for a moment, It does hurt when I feel like I'm forgetting about my sister. I know it was so many years ago, and I was so young, but I always want to remember her. "That's... a good idea, actually," I say slowly as I turn the thought over in my head. "'Besides, What does the name Aylah mean?"

"You don't know?" Gonca asks surprised and I shrug slightly, "I mean I was 4 when she was born and I never really stopped to find out what her name meant." "Aylah means moonlight or the halo of the moon." I nod slowly, 'Moonlight, like a hope, a guide through the dark of the night.'

Later That Day~

"Hey Boran, What are you thinking so hard about?" Goktug asks, plopping down beside me. It's Friday after the Jummah prayers, leaving the training field empty, except for Gunduz, Osman, Goktug, and I.

"Baby names," I reply and Goktug chuckles, "It can't be that difficult, you look like you're having a mid-life crisis."

I roll my eyes as Osman laughs, "Someone very kindly told me that I suck at naming." He says pointedly looking at Gunduz, "So, you can name your own child." I laugh, nodding, "You named Aygul's son, Kayi Alp. Kayi Alp the Kayi Alp. What were you even thinking?"

Osman puts his hand out defensively, "I don't know!" "How can you not know? You're naming a child!" I shoot back and Osman crosses his arms, "I already said you can name your child, what more do you want me to say?"

"Calm down, Osman, he's just messing with you," Gunduz says, laughing and Osman shakes his head. "Fine, but, if you have a son, you could name him Osman," Goktug smirks, "Or Goktug." Gunduz looks at the two of them before adding, "Or Gunduz."

I just stare at them for a moment, and they have completely serious expressions. "Seriously? Why would I name my child after either of you?" "Because I'm cool and I'm your best friend. Why wouldn't you want to name your child after me?" Osman puts in smoothly, and I just facepalm.

"Hate to burst your bubble, but there's no way I'm going to name my child after you."

We all laugh, and Gunduz speaks, "Besides, Osman, people are already naming their kids after you. I've met like 3 or 4 Osman's in Sogut within these last weeks." Osman raises his eyebrows, "Seriously?" I nod, "Soon, you'll be able to have an army solely of Osmans."

Osman actually nods, "That's actually not a bad idea." This time, it's Gunduz who facepalms, "I'm sorry, but I can't deal with more than one Osman." Goktug turns to me, "Didn't you say you would want a girl, Boran?" I nod and Osman smiles, "Daughters are a blessing."

"Melike and her sass is definitely a blessing," Gunduz retorts playfully and Osman chuckles. "She'll get mad every time Orhan copies her, and it's quite funny to watch." I grin, "What does Orhan do then?" "First, he'll sit and pout for a minute, then he'll keep copying Melike until it starts an endless cycle of copying each other."

"If I end up having a girl, I want to name her Aylah," I say, backing up until I'm sitting against the tree. Osman raises a brow, "After your sister?" Goktug looks around in confusion, "Wait, you have a sister? Did you just never tell me or am I just dumb?"

"Both." 

I joke and Gunduz laughs as Goktug rolls his eyes. "I just didn't tell you, I had a little sister, she was killed when I was 5." Goktug nods slowly, "Why didn't you just tell me?" I shrug, "It didn't really come up," I wasn't going to tell him the real reason. Just because we're joking and messing around, it'll ruin the mood.

"Have the twins started talking yet?" I ask and Osman shakes his head, "No, soon probably, right now, it's constant babbling." I nod and then look over to the tree where our names are carved, "Hey Osman, isn't it crazy that out of our whole group, we're the only ones still here?"

Osman snorts, "That's depressing, Boran." I shake my head, "Seriously, though, out of 6 kids, only two are left?" Osman stares at the tree silently for a moment, looking at each of the names. "We haven't visited their graves in a while, makes me feel like a bad friend."

"We visit Konur's and Savci's grave often," Gunduz puts in and Osman shakes his head. "We do, but not Aybars's or Aslihan's. It's like we've forgotten about them." I frown, he's right, we haven't given them a thought in a long time. "How about we go now? All together?" I ask and they all nod, "Let's go."

A/N: Hey guys, what's up? School is starting in 10 days, and the orientation / Meet the teachers night is in 8 days. S a d n e s s 

Please go check out my book Cesaret!

Salaam and Have a great day!

-Laraib