Intikam

Boran alp P.O.V

Ever since we brought Bamsi Bey's body to the tribe and performed his funeral, we've been doing one thing non-stop. Thinking. How can we find Togay? How to attack Togay? How to destroy Togay? Basically, anything along the lines of Togay and killing Togay.

Now we ride towards the plains to attack both Nikola and Togay. We stop in front of three. rather small armies, Nikola, Jason, and Togay. They didn't have that many men at all, and Togay couldn't get more men from Konya.  By attacking our convoy, Togay has become a rebel against the Ilkhanate. We pay our tax and we haven't stood against the Ilkhanate... yet.

Togay wasn't allowed to attack us since we did nothing wrong. But, he attacked us, so we can attack him. Togay orders his soldiers the charge forward, and we get ready to attack. "Togay!" Nikola calls, stepping in front of him. "Now we are even, my dear friend," Nikola says, bending over slightly, takes a fancy bow. Nikola and Jason order their soldier back and slowly walk away.

Togay spins around in confusion and fury, and I try not to laugh. Osman Bey definitely had something to do with this, he had sent Gunduz Bey to Inegol just yesterday.  As Nikola disappears into the forest, Togay faces us again. "Alplar! Forward!" Osman Bey and we charge forward, swords in hands. Then dozens of arrows whiz by us and lodge themselves into the ground between us.

"Togay!" A man calls and I look over the see the same one-eyed Mongol governor, Yargucu. I sigh, 'He's probably going to give a speech about he has to take Togay prisoner.'  "I will take Togay prisoner to show everyone what it means to rebel against me," Yargucu yells, acting like his words actually have power. Suddenly, all of Togay's soldiers walk forward, throw their swords to the ground, and bow down. 

Togay and Camhua are the only ones who remain, "Cowards!" He yells out in fury. Osman takes the chance to ride forward, but Governor Yargucu calls out. "Osman Bey! This rebel is now my prisoner." Osman Bey stops his horse and yells back, "Governor Yargucu, this man killed my beys, my alps, and many innocent people! Killing him is my right!" 

But, the Governor has too many men, and attacking now will make us the rebels. We ride away as Yargucu arrests Togay and Camhua. Soon later we stop in the forest, "What are we going to do, Osman Bey?" Gunduz asks his brother, and Osman thinks for a moment. "Bey, there are many places we can ambush them along the way," Goktug informs, but Osman shakes his head. "Yargucu can't see us attacking, or else it will end badly for us. Let's go to the tribe, I'll think of something."

Later that day, we stood in Osman Bey's Marquee. "Osman Bey, the road Yargucu will take crosses through Germiyan lands." Gunduz Bey notes and Osman Bey looks up, "Who knows Germiyan lands best? Boran, Go bring Turhan Alp here."  I press my palm to my chest, "As you order, Bey." 

We sit in the bushes, camping outside the Caravansary. Turhan is in and disguised, and now all there is to do is wait. "How can our Bey trust him so much?" Goktug asks and I glance at him, "He just arrived and he got such an important mission." My brow furrows, Goktug usually doesn't talk like this at all. 'Wait, is he... jealous?' "Insha Allah he will succeed, Kardesh," I say, and Cerkutay nods, "I think he'll be able to do it." 

Honestly, I get why Goktug is jealous, but it's not like any of us could do it. Togay isn't an idiot, he's seen all our faces already. He'll recognize us in a second, and that wouldn't be very helpful. 'Goktug definitely wouldn't be able to do it. The entire Mongol army knows him as a traitor. Hell, they curse his soul every time they see his face.' 

Soon later we see three figures exit the Caravansary from a corridor in the side. "Haydi, let's move," Osman Bey orders and we all move into the forest, ducking into our positions. Then, we spot Turhan leading Togay and Camhua into the clearing of the forest. He looks around quickly before folding his hands behind his back and slowly walks backward. When he is a safe distance away, we reveal ourselves surrounding the two Mongols.

Cerkutay holds a sword to Camhua's neck as Osman Bey walks in front of Togay, sword in hand. "Noyan's son, Togay, Pray to your idols now."  "I have been sharpening my teeth for this moment. Let my teeth get the blood, Osman Bey, " Togay says calmly. (I don't know why he talks like this.) "So you want to fight me? One to One." Osman Bey states, and Togay smirks, nodding, "One to One."  Osman Bey motions to us and we all take a step back.

Togay looks straight at Osman, calling something out in Mongolian. "He's swearing on his father's soul." Goktug supplies and I nod, pointing my bow towards the ground. "Gokboru, May the souls take you!" He yells out as Osman Bey draws his sword. Togay attacks first and Osman mainly remains on the defensive. Osman Bey grabs Togay's arm as he swings, and Togay takes the chance to punch Osman in the face. He keeps punching Osman and I draw my arrow back a little as a precaution. But, punch after punch, Osman doesn't flinch, staring straight into Togay's eyes.

Osman moves quickly, hitting Togay with his head and punching him in the chest, sending Togay stumbling back. Togay swings at Osman again, but Osman blocks him and punches him so hard that Togay falls to the ground. Togay gets up again, but off-balance and keeps trying to hit Osman. Togay raises his leg, kicking Osman Bey in the chest, but Osman pushes against his leg, making Togay lose balance. 

Togay keeps getting up, but every time Osman Bey knocks him to the ground even harder. Then, Osman sticks his sword in the ground, inviting Togay to attack. Togay takes the opportunity to stand back up, throwing punches at Osman. But again, Osman sends him crashing to the ground, knocking the wind out of him. As Osman Bey moves to pick up his sword, Togay thrusts dirt from the ground into Osman's eyes.

Osman stumbles back, and I draw my arrow, aiming as Togay charges at Osman. Just in time, Osman ducks, disarming Togay. Osman quickly draws his own dagger, slicing Togay. Then, he raises his hand, slapping Togay and sending him flying to the ground. I relax my hand, pointing the bow back down. Osman Bey walks over to him and thrusts his sword into the ground next to his head. "We will execute him in Sogut. In front of all the people."

A/N: Hello everyone, hope you all are doing well. Some of you might have seen my new book. I won't be updating that story as often, probably only once a week. This book will still be updated on an almost daily basis. :) 

Salaam and Jummah Mubarak!