Guardian Angel

Arya's POV

“Something like they will break your trust, break your heart.” He completed my sentence.

He understood what I wanted to convey better than me. I always felt fear but never knew exactly what I was afraid of?

He even told me my exact fear. And hearing his words made me lost control over myself and I became emotional. Tears started flooding from my eyes, sliding on my cheeks.

My voice became heavy and cloudy. I was speaking with a stinging ache in my throat. “I am not a coward. I am just afraid. I am trying my best to win over my fears as you said. But I am just scared. But I don’t know why I am not scared with you? I don’t know why when you touch me I feel like I am safe, why I feel like something is healing me?” I croaked and was unable to utter anymore words because It became hard for me form words without sobbing.

He gazed at me and without saying anything and pulled me to himself, he cocooned me in his arms. And I was pressed hardly against his chest. His scent mingling with my harsh breaths. His big palm sliding up and down on my back to comfort me, to make me know that I was safe. And I kept whimpering in his embrace. My heavy pants were tussling against his chest for life. I pushed myself more into him, snuggling and covering myself in him like he was my blanket. Because I felt protected being in his arms.

“Shh... You don’t have to say anything anymore, Okay. I understand everything. I understand you are scared and you feel ache inside your heart. So, don’t say anything.” He whispered in my ear.

His hands wiping all the hair stuck to my cheeks because of my tears. As he kept sweeping my tears with his large fingers looking at me with kindness. But my tears weren't stopping. I had started hiccuping because of the pain. Luckily he had a water bottle in his bike. He brought it and made me drink some water. I took a very deep breath after drinking the water. Because I felt my chest was hurting.

After I drank water. He took the bottle from my hands and his hands gently moved to my waist from my back. He tightly wrapped his hands around my waist and held me steadily. Then he lifted me carefully and cradled me above his knees. I was sitting basically in his lap now. And I just clutched his shirt tightly becoming shy and concealing my face in his chest. I was sitting or I should say lying in his lap like someone lays on a couch.

And then again his arms coiled around my waist. He delicately took my face in his hands and lifted it up a bit. So, I could glance into his eyes once again. His eyes were worried and concerned for me.

He wiped my tears caressing my cheek with his thumb softly. “The reason why you are not afraid of me is because whenever I touch you. It’s out of true concern and care for you. Whenever, I touch you it is solely for the purpose of comforting you and making you feel better. Hence you don’t dislike my touches. And you feel comfort in them.” He explained the reason to me very tenderly. Like, he was reciting a beautiful story to me.

“But why would you do that? Why do you wanna comfort me?” I questioned innocently like a child who have her doubts after hearing the story.

“It’s because I am your guardian angel. And a guardian angel’s work is to protect and comfort and that’s what I do to you.” He spoke to me soothingly.

“You know what Arya, if our intentions are right then our actions can never be wrong. If you touch someone with right intentions then your touch can never hurt them. But, even if you look at someone with wrong intentions.

Then your stare can make them feel like you have peeled their skin off from their body. It’s as simple as that. Like for instance you are sitting in my lap right now.