Her name is Lioness

✤✤✤Arya’s POV✤✤✤

I trotted behind him and held his hand without uttering a word.

He looked at me shyly but didn't let his hand go away from mine. The hall was brimming with people, and at my front there was a vast stage, whose center was attached by a shiny, black microphone. All the spot lights shimmering bright towards the center, illuminating it.

My eyes shined as a deep breath escaped my throat. I clung to his arm more firmly. His gaze shifted to me and he noticed me staring at the stage intensely.

"Don't worry, Stages aren't as scary as they look

"Don't worry, Stages aren't as scary as they look." He said and my eyes flew to him.

"Are you sure?" I asked, licking my lips as a cold breath ran over them.

"I was more scared than you before going to the stage. So much so that I even ran away from the venue. Then my Dad brought me back and told me, It doesn't matter how big a stage is, It becomes smaller before your courage."

A smile made its way to my lips hearing his words of wisdom, "Your dad was right." I gazed at him with hope.

"That stage-"He pointed at the stage, "-will be bedazzled by having you on it." He caressed my hand with his thumb softly, glancing at me with fondness for me.

I hid the blush creeping on my face. And looked at the stage, trying to convince the swirling swarm of butterflies in my stomach to not get wild. But my sneaky smile made it evident that I was feeling something special inside my heart.

I walked with him and we accommodated on our given seats.

The competition had started after some very long ceremonies and speeches, The coordinator told me my turn was at the end. So I could sit in the audience and enjoy the show. They would call me before my turn.

First turn was of a girl. She was looking sweet and innocent, and she had huge rimmed glasses sitting on her nose. Upon reaching on the stage, she gave a pleasant smile.

Then she started with her Introduction.
The way she introduced herself was powerful. She was experienced with stages, one could tell it by the tone of her voice.

Her confidence was reflecting through her hand gestures and her stage etiquettes.

I wondered how was she so confident. Her voice was echoing in the whole hall, demanding everyone's attention. And even I was feeling mesmerized by her poem. A feelings of proud settling in my chest for this unknown girl, on the other hand I started dreading for myself.

I clenched my teeth together as anxiousness took over me. He sensed my uneasiness.

Therefore he took my hand in his lap and started rubbing my palm between his hands. "It's gonna be okay, Don't be too nervous." He whispered.