Riyansh is Missing her🥺

✤✤✤Riyansh’s POV✤✤✤

I was sitting in my room, silence engulfing me. My book was lying in my hands and the round glasses sitting in front of my eyes. I could hear the clock ticking its melody.

My eyes were perhaps on the book but my mind was wandering somewhere far away from me and closer to her.

The tick-tock of the clock was mocking me because it had been 30 minutes and I was still unable to focus.

Whenever I tried to focus in the book. Her smiling face confined my mind. And a reel of memories unfolded itself in front me. Her smile, her laughter, her tears, her arguments. Everything about her was warming. My heart warmed up like wrapped in a cozy blanket in bone-chilling winters at her thought

Gradually, The memories started flowing like a gentle stream in front of me and I couldn't save myself from drowning in it. The one thing that I was able to do, was to smile and I did exactly that, smiled helplessly.

When I drowned myself in the memories, I saw her eyes, gleaming with happiness. And then her small nose which was abode of her wrath. And then her lips dipped in mischief, innocent mischief and curved in a sweet smile.

Seeing all this in my mind, my heart yearned for her. Though she was so close to me. I saw her everyday and she was just one call away from me. But still, I missed her. Perhaps I was getting greedy day by day.

The yearning grew stronger in my heart. and suddenly the tick-tock, tick-tock of the clock again rung in my ears reminding me I was reading a book. And I face palmed myself.

"Why I am so unfocussed? And why can't  I stop thinking about her? Riyansh stop missing her! She won't just come here if you miss her. And read your book, okay" I scolded myself.

"I am not gonna get distracted this time. I will study." I took a deep breath and turned my gaze to the book I was having in my hands.

I started reading again. But reading wasn't as enjoyable as it used to be for me. I was trying to concentrate but I was unable to. Her images, Her thoughts were playing with me. Trying to tease me like she does. I felt like every word I was reading was turning into her name.

And in the last I just gave up. I couldn't read. I placed my book on my study table, and the door bell to my house rang.

"Who would it be?" I asked to myself in curiousity. And headed towards the door.

As soon as I opened the door I saw Arya’s beaming face smiling ear to ear at me. This was the first time she was smiling before my door otherwise whenever she rang my door bell I greeted an awkward Arya or a nervous Arya with loads of worries on her face.

But I felt elated just after seeing her. My heart brimmed to its fullest. My eyes sparkled like glitters and my heart fluttered like I was once again a child who got a present from Santa.

And I gave her a welcoming big grin.

I could never feel much more happier. I was just missing her and she was here. I gotta say her unannounced surprises were always the best.

I pulled her into myself and closed the door behind her, squeezing her in my arms. Dangling her in my arms.

"You don't know, I was just missing you." I said.

"Oh! Really?" She mockingly replied.

"Yes, really!" I smiled against her cheeks.

"Ahhhhh! I am not a lemon. Stop hugging me so tightly, I will die." She complained. I hugged her more tightly like she was my soft toy.