Arya's Poem

✤✤✤Arya’s POV✤✤✤

"My actual name is Arya. But the person for whom I have written this poem, calls me lioness. I want to dedicate thiss.. poeem to that.. Special person." I uttered in a shivery, broken voice.

The microphone in my hand struggled in my trembling hands. The eyes grew impatient waiting for me to open my mouth. A poem waiting inside my heart to be heard. And a person praying in the audience for me to get victory over my stage fright.

Fear trying its best to shake my heart and my intentions. But I filled my cold breaths with courage, eyeing the room in single a glance

"So the name of the poem is "Lioness in a Cage" I muttered meekly.

"A lioness was caged in the cage of rage." I uttered, dwelling myself in his eyes. Losing myself in them, forgetting I existed for some minutes.

"A lioness was caged in the cage of rage," I repeated again, this time strengthening my courage. My voice echoed in the whole hall and came back to me. I heard my own voice, it had something new in it.

"Her eyes were emotionless as a book with blank page," My voice sounded  determined. Though my heart was still striking my chest. But the fear in my skull shrinking, the doubts in my head clearing like fog disappears when blatant sun rays tore through it.

"Anyone tried to help her, she roared on them, leaving them in daze." I roared too, not to scare anyone but with newly found confidence that thrilled my veins.

"A lioness was caged in the cage of rage,"
I completed the first stanza and defeated my fear. There was no hints of fear in my voice now. I was no more afraid of the gazes staring at me.

"She saw herself in the mirror, she found a wounded image." This was the second time, the eyes were looking amused. Though the expression wasn't of anticipating entertainment but curiosity to hear more.

"She had a broken heart, tormented soul and a past to erase." Something pierced my insides, perhaps it was forgotten pain.

"She had a fear of everything, she was afraid of a change." The darkness of my lonely room came before me for a second and also the flash backs of me staring out of classroom windows carelessly. My heart became a little heavy. "A lioness was caged in the cage of rage." But I didn't let that to overcome my courage. My voice might be filled with pain which was evident to everyone. But there was also a hidden struggle in it.

"She hid herself in the darkness, with ache she started to engage." The wound in my heart bleed so do my eyes with tears.

"She became wordless for forever, didn't even utter a phrase." The silence in the hall was nothing in front of the silence I had been in throughout my life. That silence was still deafening and can make anyone go crazy.

"But in her mind was living a child of small age." I recognized the child in myself for the first time who was left in misery for so long while my tears burnt my lips.

"A lioness was caged in the cage of rage." My voice cracked, though it still stayed solid and overpowering.

"Then one day from somewhere, there came a kind stage." My burning lips twitched in a smile as my eyes sparkled with glee. But I didn't look at him. I was feeling a little shy.