Red Nightmares Of Arya

Arya’s POV

Upon returning from Riyansh Sir's  house. I was feeling a happy, exhilarating feeling bubbling inside me. I was feeling pretty light as if I could float in the air like a feather.

The feeling of being happy, floriferous with different feelings and being adorned. I was feeling like I was a tree of spring who had seen Autumn for a very long period of her life, the tree who had lost all hopes of spring.

My leaves were my dreams, hopes and aspirations which were all dried and fallen down away from me. Then people came and crushed those leaves in front of me. And I just heard their crunching sound being soundless myself.

No one knew how painful it must be for me to witness that. And like that one day I became a tree without any leaves. I felt jealous of all those trees which had spring. So, I became that one tree, that ugly tree which no one liked and whom people saw as a useless piece of wood. And I was ready to be cut down one day and thrown into a fireplace to burn and turn into ashes. As I wasn’t useful for anyone.

But, then Riyansh Sir came as my spring. And Gradually, new leaves started growing on me. He told me I wasn’t a useless tree. With his help not even leaves but now, flowers were starting to grow on me as well.

He was the spring which all writers have described in numerous poems. And I was grateful of him to be the spring of my life.

I went to my room thinking all of this. As, I reached inside I saw the usual darkness in my room. And I didn’t know why today, I wanted to turn on the lights. I didn’t like lights, as most of the time they flickered in my eyes. I felt blinded by the lights.

But today, I wanted to face these lights and opened the bulb of my room. I wondered how it was still working well, as it wasn’t used for a long time? The light flickered opened turning my whole room bright.

I felt good I went to change my clothes and I noticed that I had a very faint smile in the mirror. I went closer to the mirror and touched my lips as my eyes were widened. I didn’t even remembered how I looked when I smiled?

Seeing that smile made my eyes a little watery but I was happy. I felt like I had seen the beauty of spring in me.

And then I lied on my bed with satisfaction while the lights were still on. And, gradually I fell into my dream land. As my sleep starting growing more deeper. I started feeling sweaty as if I was burning in some volcano. Tossing and turning again and again.

Breathing heavily, having a nightmare with scary silhouettes and horrible memories of past. That blinding lights, that increasing weight on my chest. I felt like a someone on my chest and was strangling me. I felt suffocated in my sleep.

And slowly, the bright lights in my nightmare turned red. They turned blood red scaring me harshly. I felt like my sweat was blood splattered on me. The Silhouettes of my nightmare turned red as well and they were laughing at me, their laughter was violent, it was deafening me. Making me crazy, draining all my strength from my body.

And I was unable to do anything, feeling helpless

And I was unable to do anything, feeling helpless. I woke up, breathing wildly, covered in sweat, scared out of my mind. The bright lights of my rooms were scary to me. I was feeling uneasy and frantic under them. They were remainder of those scary lights in my nightmare. So, I quickly turned them off and sat in dark corner that provided me a bit of relief. Darkness embraced me softly in its embrace, wrapping me with coldness.

Making me feel peaceful and less fearful. I felt like the silhouettes of my nightmare would not be able chase me here in the dark. So, I would be safe.

I was having dreams about Riyansh Sir all these days. But, today I had my old nightmare. That made me realised I wasn’t totally free from the clutches of my fear. I won’t be freed from them that easily. There was still something I needed to do to being fearless. After sitting in darkness for half an hour.

I went to my bed and lied there, though I was still very afraid and anxious. I knew I won’t be able to sleep. I would lie like this all the night because I didn’t want to have those nightmares again. And then another bright light flickered with a ping. It was from my phone. I looked at my phone. It was 11:30PM at that time. There was a notification of a message there, I opened it.

“Good Night, Arya😁- Unknown Number”

I wondered who was it?

“Who is it? 🤨” I texted back.

“It is me, Arya, Professor Riyansh 😇” He replied.

I knew I could not sleep as I was afraid. So, I thought it would be best to ask for help from Sir.

“What are you doing Sir?” I texted him.

“Well, I was reading a book, Arya” He replied.

"Are you busy?” I asked from him on the text.

“Why are you asking that? Is something wrong?” He texted me back.

“Hmm,” I typed the most annoying response with a gulp.

And he called me on phone. I didn’t know if I should have picked his call up or not. But I didn’t have any other option as I was scared and I didn’t use to feel scared when I talked to him.

So, I picked up the call. Though, I didn’t know what I was gonna say.

But I thought I could try to talk to him for 2 minutes. And I didn’t even realised when those 2 minutes gotten 3 hours. And I totally forgotten I had a fear. He told me so much about books and stories. I fought with him too on the call.

But, I just enjoyed talking with him. And that was how I fell asleep peacefully.

To be Continued...

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇Author's Note◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

❖Have someone ever told you bed time stories? Nobody ever told me😭😭😭

❖Do you think I speak too much? Well, I like to talk though, you guys don't reply. But at least you are hearing. 😊😊😊

❖If you find any grammatical error then don't forget to let me know. And constructive criticism is green lights ✔️

❖Don't forget to like❤💓, Comment 💬 and follow👣 for more frequent updates and more great content. 💙💚💜