Yearning- A Slow Poison

✤✤✤Arya’s POV✤✤✤

I was invited in the poetry competition to recite my poem. And I couldn’t believe it. I had never thought my poem could be selected for a competition. I wanted to tell this news to Riyansh Sir. A small wave of joy rushed through my body. And I trembled with two mixed feelings, pain and delight.

My eyes blinded by the blurry veil of tears. I scrunched my nose taking a painful breath, trying to confine the tears within my eyes. But they fell freely on my cheeks, sliding on them like shiny glass beads. I rubbed them away from my cheeks with the back of my sleeves and smiled to myself, looking at the mirror in front of me. I looked pathetic and helpless.

I wrapped my arms around my knees, embracing myself into a tight hug. My knees were pressed against my hurting heart.

My breaths stuttered on my lips, and I rested my head on my knees. I sobbed through a smile, the salty taste burning on my tongue. And the sob resonating in my lungs, making my whole ribcage shiver.

I was happy but I couldn't feel the happiness properly, like for example when you eat a dark chocolate, you feel the sweet taste melting on your tongue but the bitterness is underlying somewhere.

I felt the same way, there was an ache inside, thumping with my heart obstructing my joy, a sharpness in my breaths scratchy to my throat and a heaviness in my voice burdening my tongue.

I tried to contain myself in the passage  of heavy breaths. But panic reverberated through my chest. Anxiety troubled me, making me uncomfortable and restless. I felt lost at my home.

I squeezed my eyes shut, and tried to focus on the thing that made me feel at peace the most. Again, Riyansh Sir's gorgeous face appeared in my mind.

I tried to imagine what he would have done if he would have been here with me. I imagined him stroking my cheeks, sliding his long fingers across them until I feel goosebumps erecting on the back of my neck.

I saw him deliberately staring in my eyes with care and kindness, having a small and a sweet grin spread on his lips.

My cheeks were already caged between his hands like always and he pressed a light kiss on my cheeks, sending electric jolts running through my veins and charging my heart.

Just picturing him in my mind. I felt a giddy warmth surging through me. I could feel him, even when he wasn't there. My discomfort seemed to vanish. The tight knots of anxiety untying themselves. My mind running towards his direction and the ache of my heart turning into excitement.

A small smile came dancing on my lips. And within all these feelings, a new feelings surfaced and clenched my heart in its strong hold. The feeling was of yearning.

Yearning, a feeling which was a slow poison, intoxicating me to see beautiful day dreams. I could smile at his memories but couldn't feel the graze of his skin.

All these feelings were making me tired at heart and mind. And I needed to cure these feelings before they give me forever lasting wounds. And I knew where I would get the cure.

I went to his house. My feet stopped just before his door. The longing grew deeper knowing he was behind this door. My heart palpitating against my chest. I could hear it thump in my ears. I chewed my bottom lip in nervousness and reconsidered my idea of coming here.

My heart ached when I remembered how he ignored me in the class and my eyes stung at the thought. But the desire to meet him overpowered all the feelings. And taking a deep breath of airy courage I rang the door bell.

My feet froze on the ground, my body becoming extremely bulky in a sudden, because I was carrying a burden in my heart. Every single second passing in terror. But I heard his footsteps coming closer towards the door. I wondered if I should run away. But he opened the door, my gaze colliding into his gaze like a lost wave meeting the sea shore after many centuries. I felt a sudden quake in my heart.

Due to the impact I lost my control, my knees buckled and I fell to hit my nose on the floor. But his arms protected me, I swung my head at his direction glancing deeply in his eyes. But he refused to look at me.

"Are you okay Miss Arya?" He muttered in a aloof tone.

The coldness in his voice cut right  through me. My tears welling up in my eyes, ready to escape whenever they get the chance.

He helped me stand straight. And turned around, I was facing his back, and I covered my mouth so that he won't know I was crying. I had pressed my palm against my mouth to push my sobs back into my throat.

My bones were trembling inside my skin, my ribcage was shaking, unable to carry the weight of my heart.

"I hope you are here for some classroom query, Miss. Arya not for your personal reasons." He stated in a firm tone, my ears hurt by his sharp words.

His back stared me, challenged me and insulted me, being an evidence to his indifference towards me. On the other hand my heart throbbed in pain craving for his attention, making me restless.

I didn't know what to do and what not. Thousands of thoughts pouring into my mind together. And in the middle of the war of my thoughts, I imprisoned the same staring back in my arms as tightly as I could. My head landing below his vast shoulders ceasing all the thoughts running in my mind on their place, carrying me into a soft nothingness.

I felt the roughness of his denim shirt brushing against my fingertips and his scent invading my nostrils.

My whole body was familiar to him, therefore my hand travelled a little more until they are just above his heart. I liked to feel his heart beat

It was like a rhythmic lullaby to me which put me at ease when I suffer from extreme emotional episodes. I clutched the fabric of his shirt in my hands and he didn't even flinch. The whole time he stood like a mannequin.

I closed my eyes, resting my head on the back of his shoulder and felt his heart striking against his chest. My yearning didn't stop having him in my arms. It just grew more deep for him.

But at last his arms were feeling like the home I was searching for,"I really missed you so much." A slow harsh breath that I took outside the door of his house for courage came out of me resonating with a confession.

I didn't want to appear weak in front of him. I didn't want to look like a coward in front of him. Therefore I prepared myself and my mind before my next words.

His denim shirt got wet patches from my tears.

"I want to say much more but I won't be able to so...." The welling agony once again obstructed the path of my words, burying them below my tears.

I knew he would be feeling uncomfortable because of me so I finally released him from the imprisonment of my arms. He was still standing on his back in the same position.

"B-Bye" I shuddered walking back from him.

To be continued...

»»————>Author's Note<————««

Hello, How are you? What do you think about Riyansh’s behaviour?

You can support the story through:-

Like ❤😄

Comment 💬

Constructive criticism✅

Pointing out grammatical errors❌
And Follow 👣💗

(Do any one of these or as many as you want. I will know you like the story😁😊)

✿✿✿

      Today's Song🎧🎼🎺🎷

Yaad Hai Na

By

Super Duper Talented

Arijit Singh