Darkness is habitat of beauty

Arya's POV

“Arya, wake up! We have reached on our destination, Open your eyes.” A soft cotton candy like voice whispered to me.

“No, I wanna sleep a bit more.” I said hugging tight on my cozy pillow. Though the pillow was a bit hard. But it was warm.

And then in the middle of my beautiful sleep. I thought whom this soft voice belongs to? And then I felt like my brain whispered the name of Riyansh Sir in my ear. And as soon as I heard his name.

All the memories came flooding in my mind drowning my slumber world and making me remember that I was riding on a bike with Riyansh Sir. And my cozy pillow was none other than but Sir himself.

And I woke up with a jolt looking at him with my drowsy eyes. My arms were still wrapped around him. And I could still feel his heartbeats were racing as wildly as they were before. The world seemed blurry before my drowsy eyes. But him and his beautiful eyes looked clear.

If I describe perfectly. Then, I would say that though I had opened my eyes. But the drowsy dreams of them was standing in front of me as a human.

His face looked serene. I blinked my eyes and just stared at him in the dead night. Under the lights of illuminating stars he was looking like moon.

I wanted to slide my fingers up and down  on his cheeks to confirm that he was real. Was I doubting my own teacher? Yes, because he was unreal.

Him being so close to me was burning my cold breaths in fire. I didn’t know when words escaped my lips and I questioned him in a deep and slightly drowsy voice, “Are you an angel by any chance?”

He smiled and his heartbeat was crazier now. “What?” He said and my eyes just went to his lips as he said that and stayed there for a few seconds before coming back.

His “what?” made me realised he was real. “Nothing, I was still kind of dreaming. That’s why I said that.” I changed the topic. So, he won’t doubt that I was just admiring his beauty now.

And then Miss. Realisation hit me in stomach to made me realize that I had my professor confined in my arms and this was the time to let him go.

I quickly, let him go.  “Sorry, for hugging you like this out of context. And making you my journey, nap pillow. ”I apologized politely.

He smirked and nod his head and then uttered, “Well, the ride would be freezing for me if it won’t be you giving me comfy warmth. So, I should thank you.”

I just flapped my eyes lashes  in embarrassment. I wanted to die at that time especially after hearing the words comfy warmth. I wondered why he was so cringy? "Was he always like that?" I questioned to myself

“So, are we at the place where you wanted to show me something?” I questioned.

“Yes, we are at the place." He proudly stated.

“So, what you wanted to show me?” I quizzed in curiosity.

“Well, come with me.” He said. "Will he now kill me? Because that is how it happens in all these movies, a handsome man takes out a dumb girl like me in the middle of night and then he turned out to be a serial killer" This Thought hit my mind but I also knew it was too late to think all of that. "I know karate." I said in my mind to comfort myself.

I went with him. He then went on and sat down. He tapped the spot near him. “Come here and sit.” He called me to sit with him.

I went to him being all puzzled and sat beside him. “Look up in the sky. What do you see?” He questioned gesturing towards the sky.

When I looked towards the sky. I saw an enormous sky filled with stars I won’t be able to count in my 7 lives. Sky was looking like an ocean which was just made up of glittering pearls and not water.

“Wow!, It’s fascinating.” I exclaimed in wonder.

“What do you see?” He questioned me again.

“I see stars, uncountable alluring stars above of whom I can’t take my eyes off.” I gasped still adoring the sky.

“How do you feel looking at those stars? And what makes you feel that feeling?” He questioned me while my eyes were filling themselves with the beauty of those stars.

“I feel mesmerized, I feel hypnotised, I feel peaceful when I look at those stars and it’s because of their indelible beauty. Even if I tried to write about their beauty. It won’t be possible for me to properly express how impressed I am. These pearl like stars shining in that black sky are adorning this night like jewellery.” I remarked in pleasure.

“Do you think these same stars can look beautiful in the day?” he questioned me.

And to this I got totally confused. I wondered if he dragged me here in the middle of the night for star gazing then why he was asking me these weird questions and didn't he knew we can't see stars in day? I furrowed my brows and looked at him.

He was containing a very serious expression on his face. “I don’t think they will look so beautiful in the sky in day time. As, day time is already very bright. So, we won’t be able to see their shine in daytime. Hence, they won’t look beautiful.” I answered him shrugging my shoulders.

He suddenly smiled at me. And I wondered why he smiled out of a sudden when he was looking so concerned a few seconds earlier?

“You know what Arya, Today someone told me that she is the darkness which steals the beauty of every beautiful thing by making it invisible in its darkness. But, now when I sit here and I see towards the sky. I realize that it is just because of this darkness that these stars are looking so beautiful.” He explained to me while being very calm and polite.

And his words made me numb and made me answer less. I always had an answer ready to win an argument. But today, I was just blank. His words were that ultimate truth that I couldn’t deny. I didn’t know what to say or how to reply? So, I chose to not speak and just listen to him.

“Arya, that someone also told me that darkness scares the children and darkness is habitat of fear and told me that darkness can never be beautiful. Well, I want her to know that this darkness, will never scare kids but inspire them to beautify others. I want her to know that darkness is not habitat of fear but it's the habitat of beauty.” He stated like an expert.

To be continued...

Author's Note

❀Hey! Guys How are you? Do you like stargazing I love it.

❀If you have any special memories with stars. Then you are free to share.

❀Also, tell me if you spot an grammatical error. That's your mission spy. 🤠🧐

❀If you like the story then don't forget to like, share, comment and follow your writer for latest updates.

Today's meme

Me after sniffing sanitizer:-