Episode 5: Peacekeepers Part 1

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world

THIS JUST IN:

It's brother versus brother in the war of the Water Tribes. After Korra discovered that Chief Unalaq betrayed her and her father, she turned against him, sparking a civil war. The Southern rebels rallied around Tonraq, but they are vastly outnumbered, so Korra is headed to Republic City to seek aid. But will she be able to convince President Raiko to send troops to help the South?

Lin hummed under her breath as she kept a trained eye on her officers as they loaded another batch of Water Tribe residents that caught news of the civil war into their trucks. As the trucks sped out of the swaying harbor Lin had to drag them to meet this call, her ears perked up when a rough object collided with the wood of the harbor's dock. She glanced over her shoulder at the landing ramp of the ship slumped against the dock and narrowed her eyes as she, unfortunately, spotted that distinct blue and brown clothing.

"Welcome home, Avatar," Lin smiled, though everyone could tell she wasn't exactly looking for a bright response, "Thanks for starting a war." Lin walked herself closer to the docked ship, crossing her arms against her metal chest plate as Korra headed over to her, Lemaya, Asami, Mako, and Bolin trailing down after her.

"I didn't start a war. Well, I did, but it's more complicated than you're making it seem." Korra crossed her arms in return and tried her best to upturn her nose at Lin until Lemaya gently swatted her head down.

"That'll piss her off," Lemaya muttered under her breath over Korra's ear, "she angers easily."

Lin rolled her eyes and snapped, "I heard that, Snowflake!" Lemaya giggled, her head still over Korra's shoulder as she grinned at Lin.

"I meant for you to. Nice to see you, Aunt Lin," Lemaya said, waving slightly at the officer. Lin scoffed and marched closer to them, choosing to ignore Lemaya for the sake of her mental stability. She lifted a finger and pointed to Mako, ushering him to follow her.

"Mako, I want you back on the beat. There's going to be a Southern Water Tribe peace march tonight. I need you there to make sure things don't get out of hand."

"Uh, me?" Mako faltered as he pointed to himself. Lin nodded forcefully and ushered him again, starting to walk away in the direction the trucks left. Mako winced and scratched the back of his head, jogging over to Lin as Korra stepped up to them.

"I'll go too. The people of the South need to see that the Avatar is on their side in the fight against the Northern invaders," Korra said. She approached Lin as the officer came to a stop, her fingers rubbing achingly against her brow bone as she shook her head.

"Great, that should calm them down." Lin didn't wait for Korra to respond and took off, giving Mako a pointed look before she did, letting him know that she expected him to follow.

Mako enveloped Korra into a hug and pressed a kiss to her forehead, pulling away to say, "I gotta go, but don't invite too much of a ruckus when you get to the march."

"I figured you would try and talk me out of going, you know with your police schtick and all," Korra said, letting a faint smile pull at her lips.

Mako let out a dry laugh as he kicked at some rotten wood on the dock. "Well, I don't disagree with what you want to do, and I'm kinda finding that this, as you so eloquently put it, police schtick isn't everything I thought it would be." Korra furrowed her brows and gently grasped Mako's wrists, grazing them gently with her thumbs.