Episode 2: The Southern Lights Part 2

Walking gradually up a steep and snowy hill, Lemaya pointed to a large and smiling statue a ways away from the heart of the Southern Water Tribe. "You can see it from basically every point in the center of town here, but this is by far my favorite." Bolin gasped giddily behind Lemaya, brushing past her to stare up at the statue.

"Mako look! It's Katara!" Mako grinned, stepping next to Bolin's side while throwing an arm around his shoulder. "I never knew there was a statue here."

"There's one in Republic City too, you know," Asami mused, looking out at the grand statue of a younger Katara standing protectively over the Southern Water Tribe.

"Oh he's aware," Mako said, "He was obsessed with it as a kid after hearing about all of her adventures."

"She's just so cool. I always wanted waterbending because of her," Bolin gasped, his eyes never leaving the statue.

Lemaya chuckled and moved up from the place where she stood behind the three. "Everyone wanting to be like my Grandaunt is a right of passage here, so you'll fit right in."

"You're related to the Katara!" Bolin started bouncing on the balls of his feet, Mako's steady hand on his shoulder being the only thing keeping him from jumping twenty feet into the sky.

"Yep. I can introduce her to you if you'd like," Lemaya laughed as she began to walk back down the hill.

"You're going to kill him, you know," Mako teased, following her.

"I think he's already gone," Asami said as she nudged Mako, all their gazes shifting to Bolin who was frozen completely in place.

"You don't even have to ask," Bolin said while running after Lemaya who was nearly at the bottom of the hill.

"You two are slow walkers," Lemaya shouted up the hill at Asami and Mako as Bolin attempted to drag her father away from them. At this, Mako rolled his eyes and began jogging down the hill quickly, his hands tugging Bolin's off of Lemaya's arm once he noticed the tight grip his brother had on her. "And now it's just you," Lemaya smiled up at Asami who kept her leisurely pace while stepping down the hill.

Asami gingerly crossed her arms over her chest, raising a brow at Mako as he tried to reason with Bolin given that Bolin had no idea where he was running off to. "No, now it's just us. Bolin has disappeared with his brother to who knows where." Lemaya waited for Asami at the bottom of the hill and fell into step with her. "Aren't you the least bit worried about how far they'll get before Bolin realizes that he isn't the one who knows where Katara is?"

"Nah, they're not the first crazy siblings I've encountered. They'll be back most likely by the time we get halfway to our destination. Besides, it gives us a chance to talk," Lemaya said, looking over at Asami. Asami furrowed her brows, keeping her eyes on the unfolding road before her.

"You want to talk to me?"

"Yeah, you've been awfully quiet, and I've told myself I'd get to know you guys, and-"

"You can't do that if I don't talk," Asami said, finally looking into Lemaya's eyes.

"Exactly."

Asami laughed, letting her crossed hands fall to her side. "Well, what do you want to talk about?"

"Hmm, well I know their favorite colors, so what's yours?"

"Red."

"Oh that's boring," Lemaya said as she scrunched her nose.

"Well lucky for you it isn't your favorite color," Asami pouted.

"You're right, purple is mine, but you're dressed in red so it's boring. Do you see me dressed in purple? No, it makes my favorite color a surprise."