Episode 10: A New Spiritual Age Part 1

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world

THIS JUST IN:

Korra and Jinora have entered the Spirit World, and with Jinora as her spiritual guide, the Avatar's mission, this time, is simple: close the spirit portal she opened before Harmonic Convergence. Meanwhile, Unalaq has been working with Zaheer and the non-benders to create the mechanical backings for his new age and finalizing his plans for the convergence. Will Korra be able to close the portal and stop Unalaq from enacting a deadly plan?

"I can't believe my little girl is guiding Korra into the Spirit World by herself. If anything happens to her, I won't be able to forgive myself. Tenzin shuddered as he spoke but kept his eyes tight on Jinora's soulless body.

Kya sighed, putting a small hand on Tenzin's shoulder and squeezing it. "She's very smart and she obviously has a strong connection to the spirits. She'll be fine."

"Yeah, Dad went all the time," Bumi said, recounting memories from long ago. Tenzin shrieked and curled his knees into his chest as he rocked back and forth.

"But they won't have bending there like Dad. They'll be defenseless!"

Bumi coughed a frown. "Um, I've never had bending and I wouldn't call myself defenseless."

"Of course you aren't!" Tenzin conceded," You have your combat training." Bumi chuckled lightly as his face flushed, Kya pinching his cheeks as Tenzin pushed them away.

"Kya. Quit it," Bumi warned. He smacked his sister's hands away from his face as Kya continued pinching him.

"Why? What are you going to do?" Kya teased. Bumi's eyes married with a sibling's fury and his hands rushed out for the pocket of Kya's coat where a thick box and letter sat silently. Kya gasped once she felt the objects lift off of her body and she scrambled to take it back from Bumi, but it was too late. Bumi was already prying open the contents of the package.

"It's a...whistle. How exciting," Bumi sarcastically snapped as he turned the object around in his hand, "And it's rusty. Has so much going for it, doesn't it, Tenzin?" Tenzin momentarily pried his eyes off of Jinora to look at what Bumi was showing him, his head shaking as he immediately recognized it.

"It's an ancient sky bison training whistle. That's why it's rusty. It's old." Bumi furrowed his brow as Tenzin turned right back to Jinora. Kya took advantage of Bumi's small lapse and snatched the letter that came with the package that was still tightly gripped in his other hand. Bumi pouted but let it go, raising the whistle before his lips until Kya quickly stopped him.

"Didn't you hear Tenzin? An-cie-nt. Don't put your gross mouth on it!" Kya reprimanded. She held out her hand for the whistle back, and Bumi almost relented. Then, he had a wonderful idea and he pulled this whistle far away from Kya at the last second.

"I will give it back if you answer my few questions first." Bumi gave Kya a challenging glare, and Kya's eyes narrowed in anger.

"Just give it back, Bumi," Tenzin mumbled, trying to soothe their disagreement before it became a stressful argument.

"I will...if Kya does what I ask."

"Or, I could just tackle you to the ground like I used to when we were kids, and then we can see whether or not you still feel that way."