Episode 5: The Spirit of Competition Part 1

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world

THIS JUST IN:

Love is in the air! Mako's affections have fallen right into the arms of the beautiful Asami. And as she grapples with a too-close-for-comfort interaction with Amon, Korra also deals with newfound revelations of the personal sort. A seemingly mutual feeling goes with the wind as the Fire Ferrets enjoy their much-needed practice time with each other. Who knew how exciting life could be without engagements with the police?

Snow coated the Pro-bending Arena as the colder months began to roll in. By taking a break from Tarrlok's task force, Korra has had much more time to do as she pleases, and she was very happy about it considering she'd be able to enjoy weather in Republic City that reminded her of home. Speaking of Korra, her face was currently twisted into a resolute expression as she moved her fingers around with a blob of water. She split the water into half and rapidly launched two water bullets at the two respective brothers she was facing off against. Bolin raised his right arm and with it an earth disc in order to block Korra's attack. Sliding back from the impact, he quickly brought up another earth disk that was instantly pulverized by Mako's fire attack after he vaporized Korra's water bullet with a fire arc. Korra sent a water blast at Mako, the firebender jumping over it while Bolin hurled an earth disk at Korra, forcing her to grab water from a nearby tank in order to defend herself. Mako shot two fire blasts at his teammates, a third fire blast aimed at Bolin hitting him in the stomach and flinging him backward. As he fell down, Bolin threw an earth disk at Korra and knocked her to the ground. Simultaneously, a water attack from Korra blasted Mako straight in the face and sent him to the ground.

The three of them sat up and devolved into laughter as they began brushing off their uniforms and removing their helmets. "It's been great having you at so many back-to-back practices, Korra," Mako smiled.

"Feels good to be back, although Tarrlok isn't too happy about my leave of absence." Korra rolled her shoulders as she spoke, her upbeat tone lifting the mood of their practice even more.

"Hey," Bolin interjected. "You joined the Fire Ferrets before you joined his task force." Kora chuckling, nodding her head in agreement as they all stood up at Mako's gesture.

"Okay, come on, team huddle time!" Mako called, motioning for Bolin and Korra to come over to him. They all wrapped their arms around each other's shoulders and grinned, the excitement of their future match sitting on all of their minds. "It's our first match of the tournament tonight. I know the three of us haven't been a team for very long, but even so, the Fire Ferrets have never been this good. Are we ready?"

"We're ready!" Korra and Bolin chimed.

"Not quite, you'll need these." The team looked up at the unexpected arrival of Asami. Well, unexpected for Korra and Bolin (emphasis on the Korra part) not for Mako. Asami held up from the large box she was holding a shirt with the Future Industries logo on it, the team's eyes scanning the new clothes with approval.

"Hey, Asami," Mako greeted, walking up to her in order to help her unpack the uniforms.

"Good morning, sweetie," Asami responded as she lowered the box so that he could easily reach into them.

"These new uniforms look great!" Mako complimented.

"You look great, champ!" Asami leaned over and gave Mako a quick peck, Bolin and Korra shuddering playfully behind them. Bolin's face fell into a bored look at the display of affection while Korra felt herself being more upset than she should be. Stupid friends and their stupid relationships, she thought. An unnecessary note, but it should be noted anyway, that the only other friend that this could be referring to is Lemaya. Take that how you will.