Epsiode 3: The Revelation Part 1

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world

THIS JUST IN:

A chance encounter turns Korra from pro-bending spectator to pro-bending star. With her new teammates, Mako and Bolin, the Fire Ferrets earn a place in the championship tournament. But meanwhile, an anti-bending revolution brews in Republic City. Who are the Equalists? And what nefarious plan does the mysterious man behind the mask have in store for our hero?

In the Pro-bending Arena, Bolin, Mako, and Korra all occupied the gym with today's worn out training gear. Tossing a large ball between themselves, Bolin and Korra perfected their throwing rhythm. "What's the big idea with making me train this early in the morning?" Korra said, visibly dismayed. She caught the ball with a large slap and whispered, "The morning is evil."

"We're the rookies, so we get the worst time slot in the gym." Korra tossed the ball at him, Bolin easily catching it as per their rhythm. Bolin lined up and returned the pass, but Mako jumped in between them and snatched the ball from the air.

"And you're the rookiest of us all. We gotta get you up to speed if we wanna survive in the tournament," Mako explained, flinging the ball right into the square of Korra's chest. "Deal with it."

Mirroring Mako's annoyed tone, Korra caught the ball. "You deal with it!" She hurled the ball into his stomach, hitting him so hard that he flew backward into a flip and landed on his back with loud groans. Korra placed sturdy hands on her hips and smiled at her handiwork as Bolin tried to hold in his laughter as he helped his brother up. Glancing over her shoulder, Korra noticed someone walk into the gym and proceeded to snap to get the boys' attention.

"There are my little hard-working street urchins. It's an honor to finally meet you, Avatar." The stranger placed his hand on Korra's shoulder, the latter gently moving his hand off of her.

"And you are...?" Korra asked in a strained voice.

Taking off his hat in order to greet her, the man bowed a bit. "Butakha. I run this whole Pro-bending shebang." He adjusted his hat to make sure it returned to its snug place on his head and fished around in one of his pockets. Mako walked up to the man, stretching out his hand with fidgeting fingers as Butaha placed a wad of cash into it. "Here's your winnings from the last match. Ah ah ah, not so fast. Don't put it away yet. First, you owe me for the Avatar's new gear, gym and equipment rentals from last month, rent on your apartment, and a personal loan for groceries." Mako stared sadly down into his now empty hand and turned with exasperated brows to his baby brother.

"What? I'm a growing boy!" Bolin rubbed his stomach, Pabu perching himself on Bolin's shoulders with an innocent look.

"Oh, and one more small item of business: The Fire Ferrets need to ante up thirty-thousand yuans for the championship pot."

"Thirty-thousand yuans?!" Bolin's eyes blanked as he leaned forward, unable to tell if he heard right. Pabu tightened his tail around Bolin's neck for support as Butakha placed a cold hand on Mako's shoulder, the firebender shaken at the news.

"Sorry, kids. You got 'til the end of the week to come up with the dough, or else you're out of the tournament." Boling feebly attempted to reach after Butakha as he walked out of the gym, turning his attention to Korra once she walked up to them.