Episode 5: Peacekeepers Part 2

"Oh, man, you should have seen Varrick today. That guy is a genius," Bolin bubbled while excitedly pacing on Mako's shagged apartment carpet. Mako watched him out of the corner of his eyes, making sure he didn't have an outburst on the carpet like certain people tended to have.

"Uh-huh," Mako replied as he flipped through another file folder of registered criminals in the police database. He threw another folder onto the growing pile on the floor. Bust, he muttered in his head.

"He was gonna help Asami sell her mecha tanks to the South, but she was against that idea. And Lemaya kind of went off the rails at the idea of it," Bolin rambled.

"Selling stuff for war? They were probably right to do that," Mako said, dropping another file to the floor.

Bolin ignored his input. "Varrick also came up with this great idea for Korra to get General Iroh to fight Unalaq without President Raiko ever even knowing." Bolin yelped as Mako quickly pushed himself up from his lying position on his stomach, Bolin's heart racing as he balanced himself above the carpet. "Man, Mako, this thing is a death trap. Why do you even have it?"

"What? Forget the carpet, Bolin. She's going to do what behind Raiko's back?"

"Get General Iroh's help," Bolin said as he straightened out the carpet he messed up.

"That's a terrible idea. Who allowed that?" Mako asked, picking up the busted stack of folders and setting them on his coffee table.

"Well it was going to be a we with Lemaya and Korra and then Lemaya, as I said, went off the rails, so Korra kind of vetoed the decision and made it for herself." Bolin got to his feet and wiped off the dust on his knees.

"You need to clean this carpet." He smiled at Mako. "Anyway, Varrick's also gonna put me in these movers as this hero, Nuktuk! He's a man of action, but he's got a heart of gold. Also, he was born in the tundra."

Mako furrowed his brows. "But you're not- you know what? Nevermind. Good for you, Bo."

"Thanks, Mako!" Bolin smiled.

"Now, uh, can I bounce an idea off of you?" Mako asked. He got off of the couch to grab himself his like twentieth cup of calming tea as Bolin sat in his spot on the couch and started flipping through the folders Mako still had to go through. "Something doesn't make sense about this bombing. I just don't buy that the Northern Water Tribe was behind it." He returned to Bolin's side and looked over his shoulder. "It must- wait!" Bolin stopped his flipping and went back a page.

"That's him! That's the guy that attacked the center! I gotta show this to Beifong!" Mako jumped up and sipped as much tea as he could fit in his mouth before snatching the folder from Bolin and heading to the door. He swallowed and grinned at his brother, pointing to the mug. "Thank you, Bolin. And you can have that. Whether or not it is actually calming is surprisingly still a mystery even though I've gone through like the entire box today. Bye!"

"Glad I could help. Nuktuk saves the day again!" he chuckled to himself. Bolin hummed and took a swig of the tea, savoring the scalding taste against his tongue "Hmm, tastes like leaves."

---------------

"Alright, Meelo, the first thing you need to do as a trainer is establish dominance. You are in charge. Never forget that. Now call Poki." Tenzin pushed Meelo partially forward toward the tree and rubbed his back soothingly.

Meelo firmly nodded. Then, he demanded, "Poki, come here!" Poki didn't move. "Poki," Meelo demanded again. Poki didn't listen and jumped forward, out of the tree and onto Meelo's shoulders. "Poki, no!" Meelo laughed as Poki crawled around him and tickled his skin.