Episode 13: Darkness Falls Part 1

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world

THIS JUST IN:

After years of silence, Harmonic Convergence has been called again, and Unalaq is on the warpath for the Avatar spirit Vaatu. Kya, Bumi, and Tenzin have ventured into the Spirit World to rescue Jinora. Asami has taken Tonraq to the safety of the rebel encampment. The last line of defense rests with Korra, Lemaya, Mako, and Bolin as they try to stop Unalaq from destroying the world as we know it.

Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi circled around each other, looking in every direction as they wandered further into the Spirit World. "This isn't working. We can't just walk aimlessly around and expect to find Jinora."

"That is why we just need to locate her footprints and then track her from there." Bumi crouched to the ground and rubbed his hand over the dirt on the ground. He inspected the residue on his fingers and carefully turned about leaves in his hands as Tenzin and Kya shook their heads.

"Do you even know what spirit footprints look like? Did Jinora even leave footprints? Bumi, we can't possibly track her in the Spirit World like that. Let me try something." Kya sighed and slowly set herself on the ground. She crossed her legs and started to hum, searching nearby for Jinora levels of spiritual energy. "I feel a lot of spiritual energy coming from that direction. We should head that way."

Tenzin's eye's followed Kya's hand south and surmised the direction and its deceptively clear path forward. Then, as Bumi scoffed, he let his eyes gaze around for another solution. "There's spiritual energy in every direction, Kya, we're literally in the spirit world!"

"Enough! Let's just get a spirit guide to help us," Tenzin said, raising a hand to usher his siblings along as he approached the trunk of a large tree. Something scurried inside its shadows and Tenzin cleared his throat. "Hello, spirit, I am sorry to bother you, but we are in need of your assistance."

The spirit chittered and climbed out of the tree, pushing Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi back in terror as a large shadow fell over them. Its many limbs spread out in all its spidery glory and the siblings gulped. "Humans in the Spirit World belong in one place only. The imprisonment of my stomach." The siblings yelped, not hesitating to break out into a sprint.

They dashed left, running and jumping through the spirit world's vegetation until they slipped off a steep edge. Rolling roughly down the mountainside, Tenzin placed his hands before them and broke their fall with a rushing gust. He dropped them with a grunt and relaxed his head on the ground beneath all of their bodies. "That was a waste of time. And now we're-"

"Completely lost," Kya and Bumi finished, their backs falling defeatedly to the ground next to Tenzin. But they couldn't let themselves give up. Not when Jinora's life was on the line. So, they stood tall and chose a direction, and stuck to it.

Suck, though, that right isn't always right. "We're walking in circles, I've seen this same mushroom five times," Tenzin huffed while gesturing to a bright red mushroom in the middle of the path before them.

"That's not the same mushroom," Bumi scoffed, waving it away as he tried to walk around it.

Kya sighed and grabbed her brother's elbow. "We've had to step aside for it each time we passed it, it's definitely the same one."