Episode 4: Civil Wars Part 2 Part 1

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world

THIS JUST IN:

Tensions between the Northern and Southern Water Tribes have reached a breaking point. After Chief Unalaq's troops infiltrated the South, Varrick incited an uprising, but Korra stopped the rebels from abducting her Uncle. Enraged by the insurrection, Unalaq arrested the rebels and Korra's parents, accusing them of conspiring to assassinate him. Will Korra be able to save her parents and prevent civil war?

Korra scrambled to her feet after her parents, catching them just in time to watch Unalaq's soldiers load them into a prison truck that was parked right outside Korra's door. The pitch-black night was illuminated only by the prison truck's interior lights, and Korra's eyes met her parents' with worried gazes every few seconds.

"You're making a mistake," Korra said as she tried to push past the soldiers standing guard over the truck.

Unalaq sighed, "I wish it hadn't come to this, but your parents held a meeting with the rebels right here in their home."

"I can't believe you're doing this to your own family." Korra shoved the soldiers one last time and backed up, shaking her head at Unalaq.

"Rest assured, I've appointed Judge Hotah to oversee the trial tomorrow. He is the most fair and honorable man I know," Unalaq said, stalking over to the passenger side of the prison truck. The soldiers before Korra followed him before hopping beside her parents in the truck and closing the doors behind them.

"Uncle, my parents had nothing to do with the men who attacked you," Korra reasoned. Her breathing became uneven as the truck fired up and her parents were closed off from her field of vision.

Unalaq looked back at her briefly and then got into the truck. "I'm sure you're right so we have nothing to worry about." The truck drove away and left Korra stranded as a small flurry of snow coated the ground. For the first few minutes, Korra repeatedly wiped the icy snow off of her eyes, but once the truck pulled out of view she stopped and let the snow coat her eyelashes.

After a while, she figured there was no use in dying of cold, so she ran inside to grab her coat and head off to the place her instincts told her to go in the face of scary events: Lemaya's. But, as she began to slide the coats' warm fabric over her thick arms, Korra remembered how dark it was outside. She let her arms fall and let the coat slip to the ground, and she stood in the middle of her home silently before slowly closing the front door. Dragging herself to her room, Korra quietly got into bed and just sat there. Despite how much she wanted to see her, Korra didn't want to bother Lemaya in the middle of the night. So, she decided to sleep and wait until morning.

The next morning, though, Korra's eyes were bloodshot as she planted herself on Lemaya's doorstep. Yue opened the door for her and immediately pulled Korra into a hug once she caught sight of her disheveled form. Feeling that it was best not to pry, Yue did the next best thing she could think of and practically forced breakfast into Korra before letting her trail up the stairs to Lemaya's room. Korra said her thanks as she left, continuing to munch on her last bit of egg as she lifted her hand to open the door to Lemaya's room.

Now, it should be noted that this was normal, and they usually entered each other's rooms without knocking because it's just a thing with them. However, that day, it was a thing that led to another thing that Korra wasn't expecting because it never happened. Well not until today.