Episode 11: The Ultimatum Part 1

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world

THIS JUST IN:

BA SING SE HAS FALLEN.

After Zaheer and the Red Lotus offed the Earth Queen, the city descended into chaos. Meanwhile, Korra and Lemaya escaped from the clutches of the Earth Queen's forces and made it to safety where they met up with Lord Zuko, Tonraq, and Beifong. Back in Ba Sing Se, after following Mako and Bolin's trail, Asami, Zhu Li, and Zai arrive to see the city in shambles. Zaheer freed Mako and Bolin to have them deliver a vital message to Korra, but will everyone be able to find each other in time?

Bolin and Mako rushed out of the prison before the other prisoners could swarm and clog up all of the exits. The air stunk of smoke and clouded their lungs as they brushed past looters running as fast as the treasure in their arms would allow. "Should we do something?" Mako yanked Bolin closer toward him as a Royal Guard throttled toward them.

"I doubt there is much we can do, Mako," Bolin murmured. "Besides, Korra needs to hear the message from Zaheer as soon as possible."

"You're right. But how are we not only going to get out of the city but also find her, Lemaya, and that transport in this huge desert?"

Tilting his head to the sky, Bolin pursed his lips as he watched another airship hurtle its way out of the barrels of billowing smoke and chaos as quickly as possible. "How about an airship?" Mako hummed.

"That could work."

Making their way to the airfield was a lot harder than either of them anticipated. The streets we packed as people tried to avoid the collapsing buildings and trashed shops being ransacked before their very eyes. After trudging past havoc, Mako and Bolin stumbled upon the expanse of the Earth Queen's airfield. Only a few ships were left, and of course the one they picked was being looted for all of its expensive components.

Mako flinched as a looter ripped a metal panel clean off of the wall and began digging furiously inside of the airship's wiring. "Please tell me they aren't taking any parts of the ship that we actually need." Bolin patted his brother on the shoulder and gave him a small smile.

The considerable time he'd spent in the Earth Kingdom with Asami taught him a thing or two about mechanics, and that small gesture was the best he could give Mako after seeing one of the ransackers make off with the airship's landing mechanisms. "I'm sure it will be fine. But maybe you want to step out of the way for a minute."

Mako furrowed his brows but obeyed his brother's suggestion and stepped behind him as he cupped his mouth with his hands and yelled, "The Queen's got gold on the third floor of her palace, second door on the right!"

The looters' heads whipped upward and they ran off of the ship, leaving only the echoing empty sound of all the places where the components they had stolen once were.

"What's the point of taking a transmission radio when cutting its wires at the base renders it useless?" Mako scoffed as he looked over all the main airship controls. Bolin was at his side, trying his best to remember all he could from Asami's many rants about her airship back when she had let them borrow it to fly to the Southern Water Tribe.

"I think that's the least of our worries." Mako paused.

"Bolin, what's wrong?"

Chuckling, Bolin sat himself down in the pilot's seat and strapped the seatbelts tightly around his stomach. "So, while I theoretically know how to fly this thing, I won't be able to land it."