Epilogue

After Korra had given her speech to the four nations, she and Lemaya were planning on having lunch somewhere with the others, but Tonraq had something else in mind for them.

As he explained once Korra, Lemaya, Asami, Mako, and Bolin all entered his freshly decorated office, there had been a lot of people that they arrested during Unalaq's attempted conquering of the world.

Some were relegated into the care of the North, per Eska and Desna's request, but Tonraq insisted on the South also having equal care over their assailants. Eska and Desna agreed and left a good number of Unalaq sympathizers, the ones who still sympathized with him anyway, for the South to deal with.

Going over it with Team Avatar, they agreed with his already made decision to put them in prison until they would be turned back to the North for a final verdict per their behavior. But, those weren't the only sympathizers Tonraq wanted to tell them about.

"While you were all in the Spirit World, I believe, a group of people came to our base. They said they came in peace."

"What did they want?" Mako asked as he rested against the wall by the door.

"They wanted to bring us something. A gift as they put it."

"Was it one of Unlaq's confidantes?" Lemaya murmured, trying to anticipate the direction this conversation might head.

"Very good, Lemaya. It was. His name is Zaheer, and they said he was very close to Unalaq's plans. And, unsurprisingly, Amon's plans before that." Mako and Korra shared a look of recognition, the memories surrounding Amon saying that very name pricking their minds.

"But we saw Amon throw Zaheer out a window. We kinda figured he was, you know..." Korra made a cutting gesture over her neck and Tonraq winced.

"No need for that gesture, Korra, we know. And, I see why you would think that, but he verified himself that he is Zaheer and has helped both Amon and Unalaq. Two of our world's greatest threats in Avatar Korra's time."

"Did he write a confession?" Asami moved the finger that rested on her chin to her side and tapped her knee lightly. "When my dad was arrested, they made him write a confession and then had me look over it just so I could know what he said. Is that what you're going to let us do, Chief Tonraq?"

Tonraq nodded solemnly and pulled a folder from inside his desk. "Like Asami said, I want you to know this about him. It may not be much, but it's more than nothing. And anything is helpful in case he becomes a problem again."

The team gathered around the folder, picking the documents apart. They circled through the descriptions of Zaheer's burly form and bald head, Zaheer's known strengths and powers as known by his non-bender partners, and what pieces of his past that his friends knew. Then, they all gathered together to listen to Bolin as he read out Zaheer's confession.

It was short and to the point and mostly the last part of the confession was of any interest to them. "I aided Amon back when he said he was for helping non-benders. And when Unalaq said the same, I believed him too. I guess I'm a follower in that way because I have done the same for a group before them that said they are for the non-bender cause.

"All I wanted was for the injustice of non-benders to stop, but I see now that I will not get that through others. I thought my past allies were too extreme, but it was I who was not extreme enough. I need to achieve this myself by making the world finally balanced in its next stage of life. As my friends have taught me, there is one unyielding power in this world, and as long as it's around, my goal will never be reached. That is why I have aligned myself with such evils in the past and that is why I will do it no longer."