Epsiode 10: Turning the Tides Part 1

Earth

Fire

Air

Water

Only the Avatar can master all four elements and bring balance to the world

THIS JUST IN:

Amon's revolution grows stronger by the day. First, he attacked the bending arena! Then it was discovered that Hiroshi Sato was the mastermind behind the Equalist gloves and mecha tanks! And most recently, Amon ambushed Councilman Tarrlok, took his bending, and nearly captured the Avatar as well! Everyone is on edge, wondering where Amon will strike next.

Asami silently watched Mako watch over Korra as she slept, his hand holding hers tightly as she shifted around. Asami's eyes drifted to the floor and she pressed her palms flat against her skirt as she walked away to head back to her own room.

Over in Pema and Tenzin's room, Tenzin quietly entered his room and sat beside his wife, placing a hand on her pregnant stomach and watching both her and Jinora open their eyes. "Daddy, you're home. We waited up for you. Is Korra okay?" Jinora asked.

"Yes, she's fine, sweetie," Tenzin replied, picking up Ikki and squeezing her as she woke up.

"I was scared," Ikki said, "I thought she wasn't coming back." She snuggled into her dad's neck, and he pressed a soft kiss to her neck in response.

"I'm sorry you were scared, but everything is going to be fine now. I promise," Tenzin sighed, leaning over to embrace the rest of his family.

Later, after Korra woke up from her much-needed rest, she joined the others in the dining hall to fuel up on some food. "Mmm. Mmm. The food tastes amazing, Pema. I'm finally starting to feel like myself again," Korra mumbled as she pushed away her finished plate away from herself.

"We're so thankful you're home safe," Pema said. Smiling, she retrieved Korra's plate and a few other dirty ones and headed off to the kitchen.

Standing up, Asami picked up a few more dishes that Pema missed. "Here, let me help," Asami said as she walked after Pema.

"Korra, I realize that you've been through a lot, but I need to know everything that happened," Tenzin sighed.

"Well, first off, Tarrlok isn't who he says he is. He's Yakone's son." Tenzin turned to Lin with a confused glance, Bolin and Mako's heads partially peeking up at the sudden silence.

"It all makes sense now. That's how Tarrlok was able to bloodbend us without a full moon," Lin said into the silence.

"But how did you escape? And where's Tarrlok?" Tenzin asked.

"Amon captured him and took his bending," Korra said, a lump forming in her throat as she played idly with her fingers.

"What?" Tenzin gasped.

"Yeah, he showed up out of nowhere. He almost got me, too." Korra took a deep breath and looked up to catch Mako staring right at her with a thin smile.

"This is very disturbing news. Amon is becoming emboldened. Taking out a councilman, almost capturing the Avatar...I fear that Amon is entering his endgame."

In the kitchen, Asami stood by Pema's side as they washed down the dishes in the sink. Pema then doubled over, clutching the sink tightly as she wired her eyes shut from her cry of pain. "Pema, are you alright?" Asami asked worriedly as she grabbed Pema's shoulder.