Chapter 7: Face to face with the dark past

Next day, Soonae woke up and stretched her body. She looks at the phone and smiles as if there was a good morning message from Jihoon. She wishes him back and goes to do her morning routine. As she came back, one notification on the phone catches her eye.

Unknown number: Hey princess, remember me!?
Soonae: Maybe some wrong number. Ignore Soonae *She didn't reply to the message and went to breakfast*.

After coming back from breakfast, she got ready for college wearing this.

*In her class*
She saw her phone another message from the same number.
?? Msg: You ignored my message? How long will you ignore it, princes?
Before she could reply, the teacher came in as the class started.

**Time skips**
It was lunchtime and they were in the cafeteria eating their lunch. Rose Jihoon and Mark could feel there was something wrong with Soonae.
Jihoon: *In his mind* She seems quiet. No actually, she is awfully quiet! Is something bothering her or did that bastard do something? *He clears his throat* Soonae-ssi what happened? You look kinda off today.
Rose&Mark: Yeah, I was thinking the same.
Rose: And she didn't speak a single word throughout the class. She never does that it's weird.
Jihoon: What's the matter?
Soonae: Aah, it's nothing. *She smiled awkwardly* How do I tell them what's happening. Sorry guys, I have to lie to you. *She thought and said* ahh, someone kept texting me then apologized because it was the wrong number.
Jihoon: *In his mind* very fishy.

**Time skips**
Their classes were over and it was time for them to go home.
Rose: Sonaeaah, would you like to hang out tomorrow?
Soonae: Sorry Rosieah, I have some work with Eomma.
Jihoon: *In his mind* Extremely fishy!
Mark: So you both excited?? The other three look at him with question marks on their face.
Mark: What?! It's your marriage soon aren't you excited??

Suddenly hearing the word marriage, both Jihoon and Soonae got flustered but their driver called them. It was time to go home. So they left.

**At night**
Soonae: Let's see what's trending *she takes her phone and sees another message*
???: Princess, you don't remember me? Then I'll make sure you do.
She receives two pictures of her childhood which she would not want to show anyone because those were taken from a weird angle when she was sleeping. She was thinking about all this and at that time she received a call.
??? OTP: Hey princess remember me?

Her whole body felt numb hearing that voice. It was him. It was none other than Uncle Choi.
Soonae: What do you want?
Uncle Choi: Aah, it's nothing. I just called to inform you that I am getting shares of your parent's company.
Soonae: My parents worked hard for it. Why are you doing this?
Uncle Choi: Simple Princess. To get Rich everyone wants that. I won't if you want. But--

Suddenly the door opens, and Soomi comes in. Soonae got startled so she suddenly cut the call but stopped herself from crying.
Soomi: Unnieee I- *she stopped as Soonae got startled* What happened to Unnie? She looks pale!! Who called why did she cut it!?! *She thought*
Soonae: Yah, you scared me!!!
Soomi: I came to ask you can you come to the mall with me tomorrow?
Soonae: I have some work tomorrow. Can I go later? How about this I'll finish my work and tell you to get ready? Is it okay??
Soomi: Yeah, let me know when you are done with work. Good night unnie