28- As It Ends

Two months later...

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Leo asked as he fidgeted nervously. You nodded as he helped you remove the manhole cover and leave the sewers. It had been two months since Karai went back to Japan, and everything had finally settled down a little bit, and you were currently being escorted to the surface by your wonderful, yet SUPER overprotective boyfriend.

He just peeked up over at you since it was daytime, and you smiled down at him.

"I'll be fine Leo. I'm just going to do some shopping. I've gone out on my own before and you've never been like this," you replied. He sighed, knowing you were right.

"I know. I'm sorry. You've been out on your own a few times up here since you healed and you were fine, I should just stop worrying so much," he replied sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. You laughed and slung your backpack higher over your shoulder before nudging his finger with the toe of your boot and smiling.

"That's right. Never argue with your girlfriend, fearless. Or else you'll be sleeping alone tonight." You smirked and he rolled his eyes again playfully. "I'll call you when I'm on my way back, okay?" You said and he sighed and nodded, giving you a smile before closing the manhole cover as you walked away.

Once you were sure that Leo wasn't watching you, you opened up the map on your phone and looked up the place you were actually going, smirking to yourself the whole way as you turned right instead of left, turning away from the mall and deeper into the city.

"This is gonna be fun."

<<{}>>

You touched your tender side as you slipped back down into the sewers, smiling to yourself at the tingling sensation that reminded you of your decision.

You made your way through the winding sewer tunnels until you reached the entrance to the lair, where you saw Raph and Mikey battling it out on Mario Kart.

"NO! God damn banana!"

"AHA GET DESTROYED BRO!!" Shouted Mikey gleefully as Raph let out a growl. You laughed as you passed by them and patted Raph on the shoulder as he pouted from his loss.

"Oh don't worry. You'll get him next time-... but probably not. You really suck at this game," you teased him and he gave you a pouty frown.

"Ha ha. Very funny." He growled before Mikey started another round, and you walked to Donnie's lab before Leo could catch you.

"So? How'd it go?" Asked Donnie excitedly as he spun around his chair to face you when you walked in. You closed the lab door and went over to him happily.

"It looks great. I'm really happy," you gushed. He spun around once in his computer chair happily before stopping and staring at you. You froze under his brown eyes gaze until he finally gestured to you.

"Well? Don't keep me waiting! Let's see it!" He said. You giggled before pulling up your hoodie and shirt, gently taking off the wrapping over top of your side.

Donnie gasped in delight and quickly put his hands over his mouth when he fully saw your side.

The Japanese symbol for family, just like on your wall, was placed in the exact centre of your healed burn, different flowers and leaves blossoming outwards from it and taking up almost your whole side and completely covering the burn scar.

"Oh my-... it's so beautiful," Donnie said as he examined the tattoo closely.

After the whole "branding" thing with Karai, the Foot Clan symbol on your side was a constant reminder of your time in torture. So you decided to do something about it. After consulting with Donnie to see if it was healed, you decided to get a tattoo to cover it up and make a fresh start without the brand on your side. Donnie had agreed after seeing how unnaturally well the burn healed. It scarred of course, but not nearly as bad as he thought it would be. He blamed it on your body being different since you were from a separate Earth.