4- Injuries Make Good Conversation

Your POV

As soon as he was able, Donnie swept the lair for bugs, but was unable to find anything. He scowled at his tracking device and smacked it. You chuckled at his impatience and he just gave a small smile and continued on.

As soon as the boys had explained what happened while they were on patrol, you knew Master Splinter must've been right. You must be in danger.

So you did what any logical person would do-... you laughed it off and said that Karai was lying. They told you about how she knew you watered your rose bush and you lied to them and said you watched TV the whole time.

The guilt of lying to them was eating away at you on the inside, but at least lying to them eased their nerves a bit, although you could still tell that they didn't believe you. But Donnie insisted on checking for bugs.

Leo on the other hand, had disappeared, mumbling something when Mikey asked where he was going and hadn't come out of his room after they finished explaining patrol. He wouldn't look you in the eyes no matter how hard you stared at him and you felt terrible, so you decided to go and talk things out with him.

"Leo," you gently knocked on his door. You heard muffled movement but no answer. "Leo. Can I come in?" There was a second of silence before he answered.

"Sure." You entered to find Leo sitting on his bed and sharpening his katanas. He still didn't look up at you so you slowly wandered into his room and looked around. You always loved being in his room. It was organized and neat, very Leo, with his collection of Space Heroes figures on a shelf and a few posters scattered around the walls. And best of all, it smelled like him. Not in a weird way, but in a comforting way.

"So-..." you trailed off. He stopped and looked up at you, his face stone hard and all emotion hidden. You noticed his hand slightly hover back and forth to his left side and you bit your lip. "Are you okay?" He just sighed and gave a short nod. You frowned. "Leo."

"It's nothing. It's just a scratch." He said. You walked over to him and gently grabbed his hand. He looked at you but didn't say anything, so you gently took his hand off his side and looked. You winced at it. The gash ran along his side for a bit, and it was fairly deep. Not deep enough for stitches but deep enough.

"What happened?" You asked softly. He looked down.

"Karai just nicked me. I'm fine, I just haven't patched it yet." He answered. You just left his room to get some supplies and came back just as quickly to find him still on his bed with his katanas put away and his head down, his chest plate and gear discarded to the corner. You put the supplies on his bed and got his to lay down for you. He complied without argument, which was odd. Usually Leo insisted he was fine and never let you or Donnie check him. As you started to patch him, you thought this was a good chance to talk.

"Leo-... I'm sorry," you said quietly as you started cleaning the wound. His blue eyes shifted from the ceiling down to you, finally the walls coming down and his eyes turning soft.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," his voice was softer now. You stopped and looked at him. "I just-... I don't want you to get hurt. If something happened to you-... I don't know what I would do," You felt yourself blush and looked back to cleaning his wound.

"I just- I didn't mean to get so mad at you. It's not your fault. I just-... if something happened to you guys and I wasn't there then I feel like that's on me." You said as you grabbed antiseptic and started putting that on. He took in a sharp breath and you winced. "Sorry."

"We're big turtles you know. Nothing is going to happen to us," he said and you breathed a laugh. "But seriously. You just got here. If something happened to you-... and I couldn't save you-..." you looked at him and saw his blue eyes full of pain and sadness. You lightly brushed your other hand over his cheek and he leaned into it, his blue eyes closing out of tiredness and comfort.

"If something happens to me, I know my fearless leader will be there to come save me." He gave you a small smile and yawned while you finished patching him up with a huge white bandage. "You need some rest before the sun goes down. Night Leo," you said softly as you grabbed the medical supplies to put away.

"Y/n?" He said as you reached his doorway. "Will-... never mind," he said quickly. You cocked your head.

"What?"

"Will you say with me tonight?" He asked quietly. You looked at him and nodded.

"Let me put this away first," you said and left his room to put away the supplies and change into sleep shorts and a hoodie. By the time you had returned, he was almost asleep, the excitement of the day and his wound tiring him out. You crawled quietly into the bed next to him and he flipped onto his uninjured side and put his arm around your waist, pulling you close into his plastron.

"So are we okay?" You heard his tired voice whisper. You smiled although he couldn't see it.

"Yeah. We're okay."
___________________________

Well that was fluffy af. But that's okay! My boo Leo is just as big a softy as Raphie😁

Hope you guys are enjoying the second book so far!!

XX Shadow