2- Targeted

Your POV

Meditating wasn't going well. You were distracted, pissed off, and your mind wouldn't settle down. You were sitting in your room, refusing to think about what Donnie had just told you. But that was kinda hard.

"I was monitoring their communications. I saw a message to Karai mentioning the turtles new ally. A file was sent next, so I read it, and it was about you. You're their next target,"

Donnies words echoed in your mind and you growled in annoyance before laying on your floor. You picked your head up slightly when you heard a knock on the door, and just huffed when you saw Raph.

"Hey. I heard what happened." He said as he leaned against the doorframe. You let out a bitter laugh.

"Just when I thought things might actually be going right for a change."

"I mean, you know that you could take down Karai any day right? If you can take down all of us, she's just gonna be some light practise." You just shrugged at him from your spot on the floor.

"I don't know. I just-... Ugh. Never mind," you growled. He chuckled.

"Wanna spar?" He asked. "Let out some of that pent up anger?" You just sat up and looked at the time.

"Shouldn't we be leaving on patrol soon?" Raph became nervous and fidgeted around.

"Well-... that's actually-... another reason why I'm here to talk to you," he said nervously. You stood up and raised an eyebrow. You already were in a bad mood, and Raph wasn't helping. "Ya see-... well. We talked-... Leo and I. And, well-... Leo doesn't want you-... to come with us anymore."

Leo's POV

"WHAT?!?!" I shot up from the couch when I heard Y/n yell. Raph came scrambling frightened away from her room and to me.

"She didn't exactly take that well," he said, his eyes wide. I sighed.

"I'll go talk to-..."

"LEONARDO!" I looked up to see Y/n storming towards me and Raph. He pushed me in front of him and raised his hands in surrender. I glared at him before turning back to Y/n.

"Yes Y/n?" I said calmly. She came right up to me and I saw the anger in her eyes. I'm not going to lie, I was terrified out of my shell, but I couldn't let her know I was scared of her when she was angry. I swallowed and watched her eyes light up with fire.

"Since when do you tell me when I can or can't go out on patrol with you guys?" The commotion had brought Mikey and Donnie into the living room as well. They watched with fear in their eyes as she stared me down.

"Since the Foot started targeting you."

"You can't just decide that for me." Her voice has become suddenly scary calm.

"Yes I can when it's my job to keep you safe," I said.

"I can protect myself."

"I know you can." I answered back. My patience was staring to slip, but I stayed as calm as I could.

"Then why can't I come with you?"

"Because I don't need you getting captured. I'm doing this to protect you."

"I'll be fine."

"You're staying here. That's final."

"You might be able to bench your brothers whenever you want, "fearless leader," but you can't just bench me." That struck a nerve. I glared at her.

"You know what? You're right. I am the leader of this team. And as leader, I'm telling you that I'm not arguing with you about this. You're staying here. It's for your own safety," I said angrily. Her eyes stayed angry.

"I don't need you to protect me," she said quietly. "I've been doing that myself for a long time." My gaze softened. She was right. She had been on her own for a long time. She just looked at all of us and walked back to her room, shutting the door behind her, shutting us all out. When she disappeared, I sighed and slumped backward onto the couch, putting my face into my hands.

"What did you tell her to make her so mad?" Asked Donnie, finally breaking the awkward silence. I just groaned.

"Leo doesn't want her to go on patrol with us since the Foot are targeting her," answered Raph for me. I looked at Donnie, who just pursed his lips and pushed up his glasses.

"What?" I said harshly. Donnie just frowned.

"You guys know just as well as I do, any of us could be kidnapped at any moment. That doesn't mean we all hide away down here because of that small chance. This is our job, Leo. We need to protect this city. She's part of the team now too," he looked around at all of us, making hard eye contact.

"I just-... I can't lose her. Not when she just got here," I said quietly. Donnie sighed and rubbed his temples under his glasses.

"I know, I know. Just keep her down here for this one patrol. The Foot will start getting suspicious if she doesn't show up anymore. They might come looking for her." Donnie departed in the direction of Y/n's room and Mikey just gave a half sympathetic smile before going back into the kitchen.

"If she means that much to ya," said Raph suddenly. "Then ya gotta do something about it."

"Since when do you care?" I scoffed.

"Since Y/n has become part of this family." He shot back. I looked away from his stern gaze. "If you don't tell her how ya feel-... how much you love her-... that chance will slip away. And you'll never get it back," he said quietly. I looked back at him to see his eyes soft. "You never know how much someone meant in your life-... how much they meant to you-... until they're gone."

"Yeah-... yeah, thanks Raph," I gave a half smile. He just nodded and walked into the dojo, leaving me alone with my thoughts.
___________________________

Gonna tell y'all right now... listen to Raphael's advice. He's a smart bean. If you have someone close to you that means a lot, tell them how much you love them. You never know how good you had it until it's gone. I've seen and experienced it firsthand.

So I want you to go and tell someone how much they mean to you, whether it be a parent, grandparent, best friend, husband, wife, partner. Doesn't matter!

Right now.

Do it.

I'm not joking.

Okay. Now you may continue🙂.

ANYWAYS. OHhhHhH. Leo's got some protective issues.

But he could be my knight in shining armour any day😘

Umm-... I mean-...*AHEM* 😳anyhow-... umm-... I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter? I gotta stop drinking Monsters before writing...

XX Shadow