24- Awkward Conversations

All four of them sat in chairs at the end of your bed. Leo would barely look up at you, guilt written on his face every time he did.

"Okay, Y/n." Donnie started. "I guess we should explain what happened to you while you were out." You nodded. "Okay, well-... after we found the security camera footage, we decided a plan to get you out as soon as we could."

"Donnie worked on you for hours to try and keep you alive," Raph added in. You glanced at Donnie nervously.

"How bad-..."

"Pretty bad." He looked down. "The burn on your side was probably the worst, you had an infection that needed to be cleared up from it. Plus many other welts, cuts and bruises all over."

"... oh." The brothers all shared a glance before Leo looked at you.

"Do you not remember anything after we rescued you?" He asked softly. You shook your head no.

"Why? What aren't you telling me?" You said nervously. They wouldn't make eye contact with you and you bit your lip. "How long was I out?"

"Y/n. You were out for two weeks-..." Donnie told you. You felt your breath catch.

"T-two weeks?"

"When we found you, you had lost a lot of blood. We weren't sure you would make it," Raph said.

"I worked on you for hours, but just as I started with your burn-..." Donnie's voice caught. "You-... you-..."

"You died," whispered Mikey. Your eyes went wide.

"I what now?"

"Your heart stopped. We weren't sure if I could get it started again," Donnie said quietly. You stared blankly at them. They stared back.

"Y/n?" You heard Raph say. You shook your head.

"I'm-... I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen," you felt tears come to your eyes. Donnie stood up and came to your side, crouching down beside you.

"No, this isn't your fault. What we just want to know, is why. Why did you leave? Why didn't you let us help you?" He asked gently. You fidgeted with the blankets.

"When you guys came back from patrol, and you were unconscious Donnie, I just couldn't handle it. Raph, Leo and you all got hurt. And it was because of me." You looked up at all of them. "You brought me here from my Earth; welcomed me into your home, and the only thing I've done is gotten you hurt."

"That's not true." Leo shook his head. "When we met you, you let us into your life. No questions asked. And when we needed help getting home, you helped us. When we all got sick, you were the one that took care of us," he insisted. You looked at him and felt a blush creep across your cheeks.

"Yeah, Y/n. We couldn't have gotten home without you," Donnie added with a smile. You looked at them.

"I can't see you guys get hurt because of me. That's why I did it. To protect you."

"Well, we always find ways to get hurt one way or another," Raph gave a small smirk. You chuckled despite the tears streaming down your face.

"No matter what you think, us getting hurt is anything but your fault. If we get hurt, that's our own problems that we weren't being careful," Donnie said.

"You guys-..."

"NOPE," Mikey said, popping the P. "Listen to my bros dudette. None of that was your fault. If you had come here or if you had stayed home, either way some other major world disaster would've struck and we would've gotten into trouble." You all looked at Mikey who shrugged.

"Yeah, actually. Mikeys right," Donnie said, shock written through his voice at his younger brother saying something that actually made sense. "No matter what, something else would've happened. You coming here would've changed nothing." You stayed silent for a while until you cracked a small and thankful smile.

"Come here," you opened your arms and they all came to give you a big group hug.

"AW YEAH!" Said Mikey and practically jumped onto your bed, being careful of your side this time. The rest followed suit and hugged you tight. When they released you; you wiped your eyes and sniffed.

"I don't deserve you," you said and they all shook their heads.

"No, quite the opposite, actually," Donnie smiled.

"We don't deserve you," Leo said and you locked eyes with him. He glanced at his brothers. "Can I have a moment with Y/n?" They all eyed him warily. He sighed. "I promise I won't do anything to her." Donnie glanced at the other two before shrugging and leaving the room, Mikey on his tail.

"If you do anything, I have permission to beat you into next week," growled Raph protectively. Leo raised his hands in surrender as Raph left. An awkward silence fell over the room.

"So-..."

"I'm sorry," he interrupted you. You blinked. "I shouldn't have gotten upset. I just-..."

"Leo." You raised a hand to stop him and he shut his mouth. "I don't blame you. I would be upset too." You gave a small smile and he sighed.

"I'm just-..." he started pacing a little bit beside you and you raised an eyebrow.

"Leo?" You asked. He muttered something softly to himself but continued pacing. "LEO."

"I like you okay?!" He said suddenly. Your jaw opened and you clicked it shut quickly. He froze and you saw him blush hard under his mask.

"Uhh-... I wasn't supposed to-... I-... sorry?" He stammered out. You gave him a soft smile.

"I know." He blinked at you in confusion.

"Y-you what?"

"I know." You tipped your head at him and he sat down on the side of your bed.

"So if you knew-..."

"I didn't say anything. You needed to tell me on your own time." You shrugged. He looked down.

"When your heart stopped, one of the things going through my mind was how I never got to tell you that," he said quietly. You gave him a sympathetic look. "Then you wouldn't wake up, and I thought I lost my chance completely." His blue eyes looked back up at you and you saw tears well up in them. "I've wanted to tell you that for so long-... then all of a sudden, I couldn't. Y/n, I don't know what I would do without you," he said. You put your hand gently on his cheek and he closed his eyes and leaned into your touch, placing his hand overtop of yours.

"Well I'm not going anywhere now," you said and his eyes reopened. Time seemed to stop as he slowly leaned towards you and put his own hand on your cheek. His blue eyes stared into yours and you got lost in them. Then, ever so gently, he touched his lips to yours. You deepened the kiss and he responded by smiling into it. You played with his bandana tails and he put his hand, accidentally, on your side where the burn was.

"Ow." You sucked in a breath of pain and he winced.

"Sorry." You shook your head and smiled.

"Do you-... would you stay here tonight?" You asked and he smiled.

"Anything for you." You shuffled around until he could crawl in beside you and curled up into his plastron, setting your head on it and smiling. His one hand played with your hair gently and his other hand rubbed the one you had set on his chest.

"So-..." he said.

"So-..." you repeated.

"Does this mean you'll be my girlfriend?" He asked quietly. You smiled and nodded.

"I guess it does."
___________________________

Geez that was fluffy. Oops😅

Tell me what you think!!

XX Shadow