15- Raph's Thoughts

Raph's POV

I saw the hesitation in Leo's eyes as he left the room. He didn't want to leave her, and I knew it.

But this was the first time I had been in to see her alone since Leo kicked me out. And I really wanted to see her. Even though Leo and her are-... whatever they are, I'm not even sure what's going on with them any more-... I consider Y/n as a sister, and I'm just as worried as the rest of them.

As soon as he left the room, I sat up in the chair and looked over Y/n. God she looked awful. I don't know how we let this happen. She saved us when we landed on her world. She welcomed us into her life without a second thought, completely unafraid of us and completely willing to be friends with us.

Even though I'm not a huge "friends" and all that type of guy, I really do feel guilty about what happened to her. Maybe-... maybe if we had gotten to her sooner-... then she wouldn't be in this mess.

I sighed as I watched her chest slowly rise and fall, feeling the walls of emotions slowly start to crumble. I felt the tears well up in my eyes as I looked at her unconscious form. I gently grabbed her one hands, being careful of the many bandages that covered the rest of her body.

"Come on Y/n," I whispered. "You have to wake up. You can't do this to us. We need you." A tear slipped down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away, giving a short chuckle.

"See what you're doing to me? You're making me go soft, tiny." I rubbed her hand. The welts and cuts all over her body were patched up by Donnie, but the purple and blue bruises were still visible underneath it all. I gently pulled the blanket up on her chest more and sighed, leaning back in the chair.

"How did this happen, Y/n? Why would you go out there? Why would you just-... leave?" I remembered the first night on her world, how hesitant I was to trust her and how she was respectful of that fact. She didn't push me or any of the others to immediately trust her, and she was so nice to let us into her life.

I also remembered the first time she kicked my shell. That memory brought a small chuckle to my lips and got tears to my eyes. How she ended up putting me and all my brothers onto our shells with ease. How much she's taught us during training and how much she's grown into this family.

Sometimes I wonder where we would be without her.

She's so good with Mikey and his playful, energetic nature. She can keep up with his energy and he loves her to bits.

She's always interested in Donnie's projects and is more than smart enough to help him out when he needs it. He loves having someone to talk to that actually cares and understands him.

Leo-... I don't know what he would do if she ever left. He'd be lost. He loves her with all his heart, and would probably be broken if anything ever happened to her. She even managed to keep his "I am the almighty leader" attitude at bay, which I was thankful for.

And me. Like I said, I now think of her as a sister. So to see one of my family members in this position-...

"Ya know," I sighed. "When you-... when your-... heart. When it stopped. I felt mine stop too. And I know-... it's dumb cause I'm supposed to be the one who-... doesn't care. The one who's sarcastic and angry. But you-..." my voice broke and I stopped. "I don't know why-... but you came into our lives for a reason-... and I can't imagine our life without you anymore." I just watched her.

Her chest rose and fell. Rose and fell. Rose and fell. No movement, no acknowledgement of my voice. Nothing. I curled my hand into a tight fist of anger.

Why did Shredder have to take everything from us? Why did he need her? The next time I saw that jackass, he wouldn't have the same mercy I showed him last time.

Taking in a deep calming breath, I rubbed my eyes and uncurled my fist. Anger wouldn't help anything right now, and I knew she would want me to try and stay calm. It was just so hard.

I looked over to the sleeping Donnie, his head on his desk, and smiled. Such a brainiac. But seeing his neck cramped at such an angle made me frown. I quietly got up and went over to him, tapping his shoulder and getting no response. I sighed. Although Donnie didn't sleep very much and definitely had insomnia, when he did sleep-... boy did he sleep hard.

So I picked him up out of his chair, heaving him up bridal style. He didn't even move as I grunted with his weight. I carried him to his bedroom and set him down, covering him with a blanket and taking off his glasses. I knew he would sleep for a long time yet after all the work he did on saving Y/n.

So when I went back to her bedside, I sat back down with a book Donnie had laying around and started to read, peeking over the book each time I turned a page.

Although I didn't really read the book. My mind was still wandering down dark paths thinking about Y/n.

One minute I was thinking of a good memory; the next I was hearing her pained screams from the video Donnie showed us, as they echoed through my head.

Finally, I looked up when I heard Leo come back in, tears staining his cheeks, blue envelope in his hand. I set down the book and stood back up.

"You found it?" I asked. He just stared down at her body and nodded.

"So-... what does it say?" I asked, impatience slipping into my tone. He just sat down in the other chair and handed me the note. I reached for it and stared him down. He wiped away some of his tears and kept staring at her body, breathing hitched with emotion. I slowly sat back down on the chair and stared at the note, then at my older brother.

The note felt heavy in my hand, and I just set it down on the table, walking over to Leo and patting his shoulder. When he looked up at me, his blue eyes full of sadness and tears, I almost started crying as well. I pulled his arm up and pulled him into a hug.

He quickly tensed under me, not used to this emotion. But he soon relaxed and hugged me back.

"It'll be okay, Leo. We'll be okay."
___________________________

Oooooh. I wonder what the note says? I guess we'll find out.

I hope you guys like this! I've recently had an idea for a new story, so I might start working on it but not publish it for a while.

Tell me what you guys think about me doing a new Raph x reader story!! I have a plot line and everything so I just need to put it together.

Would that be something you guys would read??

Hope you enjoyed!!

XX Shadow