12- The Rescue

Your POV

The blood dripping down your cheek was warm and felt gross. As the Shredder paced back and forth in front of you, you felt yourself fading fast. Voices blurred together and you couldn't keep your head up.

"This is it," you thought to yourself. "This is where I die. I'm so sorry, Leo." Shredder advanced on you once more, but something shattered and made him turn, the foot soldiers that were keeping you upright immediately letting go. You flopped lifelessly to the ground but had just enough energy to keep your eyes open long enough to see green blurs and hear shouting voices.

Someone thumped towards you, crouching down to flip you upright in their lap.

And that's it.

After that, you closed your eyes.

They didn't open again.

Leo's POV

"Booyakashaaaaaa!!"

The glass shattered easily as all four of us rammed into it. Then the fight began. Shredder came after me and Raph, leaving Donnie and Mikey to deal with the soldiers.

"Donnie!" I yelled as I blocked another one of Shredders attacks. "Get to Y/n! Get her out of here!" He nodded and sprinted towards her, sheathing his bo and picking her up gently. The last I had seen, she wasn't moving. And that was worrying. He cradled her body in his arms as he escaped through the window.

"You shouldn't have come here turtles," spat Shredder with distaste. Raph growled and released a flurry of attacks; the Shredder actually falling back a little to defend himself.

"Yeah? Well you shouldn't have kidnapped Y/n," yelled Raph. I almost didn't recognize my brother from the pure anger radiating off him and his attacks. They were fast and violent, always aiming for kill shots. "I swear, if she dies, you will deal with me. And I'll make sure that you will suffer ten times worse than what you did to her."

We needed to leave. Now.

"Raph! Mikey!" I yelled as Karai joined the fight and swung her tanto towards me. "We need to get out of here. Donnie's already gone with Y/n!"

"Fine," yelled Raph angrily. Then he backed away from Shredder and glared at him, pointing a sai at him menacingly as he backed away. "I'll finish with you later, scumbag." Mikey bolted towards us and threw down a smoke bomb, blinding the enemy and giving us a chance to escape.

We went back through the shattered window and heard the angry scream of Shredder behind us as we ran.

We met back up with Donnie a few rooftops away where he had Y/n laying on the roof and was checking her out. As we approached, all we heard was a shout of "no!" From Donnie, before he started compressions on her chest.

"Donnie!" I yelled as I landed on the roof beside him. He completely ignored me and focused on Y/n. He pushed down on her chest over and over again, cracks of ribs sounding under his hands. Raph put his hands on his head and started pacing, muttering under his breath. I thought Mikey would pass out right there.

"Come on; breathe. Just take a breath," Donnie said. He leaned his ear to her mouth and let out a small sigh of relief. Then he turned to us.

"We need to get her back home. Now. I don't know if she'll even make it there," he said seriously. We all blinked back at him as he picked her up and handed her unmoving body to me. I stared at the dried blood that covered her entire body and the cuts and bruises scattered all over. And that was just the places I could see.

"Leo. Now. We have to move," called Donnie as he began sprinting towards home, the others following suit. I've never seen them run so fast.

I tried to keep her as still as I could during the trip home, her ragged breathing coming in short, pained gasps.

When we arrived home, Donnie sprinted into his lab and started setting up equipment as I gently laid her on a table. He quickly hooked up an IV with pain medication, and a heart monitor and nose cannula.

"What did they do to you?" I heard him whisper as he ran around her, grabbing supplies. He then glanced up at her and tossed me a pair of modified gloves that fit our three fingers. "Here; put these on. I'm going to need your help getting off the suit. Raph, I need you to come hold her down. This is going to get loud," he muttered the last part and grabbed a few cloths and bowls of water, along with different sizes of tweezers and scissors.

"I don't want to hurt her," said Raph hesitantly as he came to stand beside us. Donnie shook his head.

"It won't matter. If we don't get the burnt part of the suit of of her skin, she'll get an infection that will cause her ten times the pain and problems than she'll have if you hold her down so I can properly treat this," he said sternly. Raph just nodded a little and pinned her wrists down above her head so Donnie had clear access to the oozing burn on her side.

"Leo. You need to get over here and help me," he ordered. I went to the side he was standing and felt myself pale and feel sick at the sight of her burn. It was bloody and oozing yellow and green pus out of it. Pieces of her black suit were melted into the angry, red flesh. "Yup. It's infected." Muttered Donnie. He handed me the handful of different tools to hold onto while he worked quickly and efficiently.

"So now what?" I asked. He grabbed a pair of tweezers and quickly upped
Y/n's pain medication.

"Now Raph holds her down. And we do the hard part." I swallowed the lump in my throat. He gently grabbed a large black piece and started to pull on it, blood and skin coming with it. I wanted to throw up. Raph struggled to hold her down as she started crying and screaming out in her sleep, writhing in pain.

"Hold her still Raph!" Said Donnie.

"I'm trying!" He grunted back. I watched her pained face as Donnie tried to be gentle. With one final pull, the large piece came out. He put it on a tray beside him and sighed as Y/n stopped moving.

"One down." He went to grab another piece but stopped in his tracks. He looked at me as we all heard the same ringing.

The heart monitor line was flat, the persistent ring of the flatline echoing through the lab air.

She was coding.
___________________________

Uh oh. That's all I have to say. Uh oh.

Stay tuned for the new chapter!!

XX Shadow