7- She's Gone

Mikeys POV

I watched Y/n leave the lair and got a weird feeling in my stomach. Probably just from something I ate-... Right?

Anyhow, when I went back into the lab, Leo was just waking up.

"Hey bro! How're you feeling?" I ran over to him and helped him sit up. He gave small smile.

"I'm much better now, thanks Mikey." Then he looked around and frowned. "Where's Y/n?" He asked. I shrugged.

"She said she went out for a bit. Said there was something she needed to do," I replied, and as soon as those words left my mouth, I realized how wrong they sounded.

"She what?" He stared me down. I blinked.

"She left. About 10 minutes ago?" I answered and he hopped off the bed, gasping and wincing when he landed on his bad leg. I grabbed his arm to keep him from falling. He gave a thankful smile as I put his arm over my shoulder and helped him stand. But the smile was soon replaced by a look of pure concern.

"We need to find her. Now."

Leo's POV

When Mikey told me she left, my heart just about stopped. I knew something was wrong before I woke up. While I was sleeping, I vaguely remember hearing her talking to me. She said something about not letting us get hurt again.

And now she's gone.

Mikey helped walk me to the living room, then grabbed the spare pair of crutches that we kept in the lair so I could walk on my own. I limped to her closed door and knocked, praying that Mikey was wrong, and that she was just in her room.

"Y/n," I called urgently through the door. After no answer came, I just went in. She wasn't there. I stumbled back. "No." I whispered. She was gone.

It was then I noticed a paper on her rose bush that I gave her when she moved in. I grabbed it and sat down on her bed. It was addressed to all of us on the outside. I unfolded it, took a deep breath, and began to read.

To the turtles and Master Splinter,

If one of you have found this, it means two things. 1) One of you is awake and walking around, or 2) Mikey came into my room to check if I have come home yet. If it's the first option, I'm glad you guys are up and awake. If it's the second option-... I'm sorry. It means I haven't come home yet, which probably means I've either been captured-... or killed.

It hurt to see you guys so injured because of me. I've gone out. There is something I needed to do to keep you all safe. Don't worry, I've made my decision and I know what might happen. I just need you guys to stay safe and whatever you do, don't come looking for me. I have accepted my decision. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you guys because they were trying to get to me.

I wish I could've been here to say goodbye in person, but this will have to do.

Remember that I love you all, and you have my never ending gratitude for letting me into your home and family.

Love,
Y/n

P.S.  Leo, I know that if you're reading this, you're probably blaming yourself. I've left a separate note for you, explaining why I did this. You'll just have to find it, it's somewhere in my room. Remember, let yourself and your brothers heal, and stop blaming yourself. This was my decision.

I love you.

I could barely read the last sentence from the tears blurring my vision. I set the note down gently beside me and put my head in my hands.

I needed to find her.

"Hey dude." Said Mikey from the doorway. I quickly ran my hand over my face, wiping away my tears. I put on a fake smile for Mikey, but as soon as I looked at him, I knew he noticed something was wrong. My smile dropped and he came to sit beside me. "Raphs starting to wake up." He finally said. I nodded, the note clutched in my hand. He nodded at it. I handed it to him and he started reading it.

By the time he was finished, he too had tears in his eyes.

"Do you think she's okay?" He whispered. I set a hand on his shoulder.

"I hope so."

Third POV

When Leo and Mikey went back to the lab, Raph was sitting up, watching Donnie. He looked up when they came into the lab.

"How are you feeling Raph?" Asked Leo as he hopped up onto his medical cot. Raph shrugged.

"Headache. Nothing much," he replied. Leo nodded, distracted while Mikey went over to Donnie, who's eyes were fluttering open.

"Hey bro," said Mikey. Donnie blinked a few times as looked around, his eyes finally focusing on his younger brother.

"Donnie," said Raph and Leo, both sounding relieved. "You're awake," said Leo. Donnie attempted to sit up and Mikey helped him. He looked around.

"You guys are okey right?" He rasped. Raph chuckled.

"Donnie. You should be more worried about you, not us. You got hit the worst," said an amused Leo. Donnie shrugged, a hint of a smile crossing his face. The turtles sat in comfortable silence, until tension rose and Donnie glanced around.

"Where's Y/n?" He asked. Leo and Mikey looked at each other, then Leo looked at the folded note in his hand. "Guys?" Said an increasingly worried Donnie. Leo kept his eyes down. Mikey glanced around nervously before Raph growled.

"What aren't ya telling us?"

"She's-... she's gone?" Said Mikey, a hint of reserved question in his tone. Raphs eyes lit up with anger.

"What do you mean she's gone numbnuts?" He growled. Leo looked up to see Raph staring down Mikey with intense ferocity.

"Raph," he warned. Raph didn't look away from Mikey. It was then that Donnie pitched in, his voice straight anxiousness.

"Leo-... where did she go?"
___________________________

OOP. The boys are hurt, you're missing, and everything IS FALLING APART!

*ahem* sorry, that was a bit dramatic.

ANYHOW. I don't really cry, and I almost ALMOST cried writing the note part😂. Sorry about the angst but it's not too bad.

Hope you guys enjoyed!!

XX Shadow