21- Wake

You felt like crap. Your head hurt, your side hurt... pretty much everything hurt. But the pain was worth it.

You knew now that you were actually awake, not just in your own head. After you listened to the turtles conversations, things went dark and you couldn't remember anything after that.

But it was still hard to open your eyes.

You could hear Donnie clicking away at his keyboard and knew you needed to do something to let him know you were awake.

So you lay still, trying with all your might to open your eyes. And eventually, you did.

The lab was bright and you blinked a few times to get used to light again. You weren't sure how long you had been out, but it felt like a while. Your arms and legs felt weak. You continued to blink and gather your bearings, only to finally realize Leo was asleep beside you on another cot. You felt the corner of your mouth perk up into a smile, than glanced around for Donnie. You finally saw him at his desk, still working at his computer, oblivious to the fact you were awake.

You were about to try and say something and Raph walked in.

"Geez is Leo still out?"

"He'll be out for a while yet. I didn't give him much of a sedation but his body desperately needs rest so it's gonna keep him asleep for even longer," Donnie chuckled.

"Sedation?" You thought to yourself. You stayed still and listened to them talk for a while longer.

"I mean, yeah he can go the longest without sleep out of all of us but he still needs it," Donnie muttered. Raph laughed.

"Oh you know Fearless. He ain't gonna do anything we tell him. He's too stubborn that way." It was then you decided to make your presence known.

"You're a fine one to talk," you croaked out and they both whipped around to face you, eyes wide with disbelief.

"Oh my-... Y/n!" Donnie was the first to move towards you, Raph stayed where he was with his eyes wide in shock, a few tears welling up in them. You gave Donnie a weak smile as he ran over to you.

"I can't-... you're-... awake." He said. You smiled. "Are you okay? Do you have any pain?" You pointed to your throat and he got the message. "Oh yeah-... right. Raph can you get a glass of water please?" He turned to his red banded brother who just gave a nod and left the lab quickly. You frowned and Donnie saw your expression and sighed, pushing up his glasses.

"Sorry about him. It's just-... we're so glad to see you awake," he said. You tipped your head, making him chuckle. "I'll answer your questions after you get some water into you, but for now I should take your vitals." You watched him scurry around your bed, taking tests and writing things down.

Raph appeared a few moments later with the water he handed it to you and stood back, watching as you gratefully drank a few sips to help your dried out throat. Once your mouth had some moisture in it, you looked at Raph who was still staring at you, then to the still sleeping Leo.

"So what did you do to him?" You smirked. You turned to Raph just in time to see him quickly move towards you for a hug, but noticed he was aware of your wounds. You hugged him back and felt tears come to your eyes.

"I'm so glad you're okay," he whispered into your shoulder. You patted his shell and smiled into his chest.

"I missed you too Raph." You said back and he pulled away to let Donnie in at you.

"I thought you would never wake up," Donnie was next to hug you.

"I felt like I would never wake up," you said as he pulled back. Then you glanced at both of them and then to the sleeping Leo. "But really though you guys. What did you do to him?"

"Ah nothing much." Raph smirked.

"It was just a small sedation," Donnie waved his hand in an 'it's fine' motion. You smiled and then looked down. The turtles felt your shift in mood and watched you carefully.

You fidgeted nervously with the folds in the blanket that covered your lower half, and realized that the only thing covering your chest was bandages.

"Umm. Donnie? Can I have some clothes please?" He blinked then nodded.

"Y-yeah. S-sorry about that." He quickly grabbed a hoodie for you and you put it on, being careful of the IV and tubes that were hooked into your arms. When you lifted your arm up to put it on, you sucked in a sharp breath of pain. Your side hurt like hell.

"Yeah. You might wanna be careful with that side for a while," Donnie quietly suggested. You glanced at him and sighed.

"Okay, time to address the elephant in the room." You saw Raph and Donnie both look away. "What happened?" The lab fell silent. Donnie looked to Raph and opened his mouth as if to say something but was interrupted by Mikey coming into the lab. When he caught your eye, he gasped.

"Y/N!!" He squealed and ran over to you. In his excitement, he accidentally touched your side and you gasped in pain. He quickly pulled back and was greeted by a slap in the head by Raph.

"Be careful you idiot! She's still hurt!"

"Sorry," he shrunk back but you gave him a warm smile. He took a few cautious steps towards you and you reached for his hand. He smiled back and squeezed it. Then he noticed the sleeping leader and chuckled.

"He's still asleep?" He asked and Donnie nodded.

"Yeah. But with all the noise we're making, he should be awake soon," then he glanced at you. "You should probably get some rest. I can wake you up when Leo wakes up if you want. Then we can talk."

"Yeah. Thanks Donnie." You smiled softly at him and he nodded. Raph gave you a wink before grabbing Mikey and ushering him out. Donnie left soon after and you leaned against the pillows.

You didn't get back to sleep for a while. Your thoughts consumed you and filled you with anxiety. But when you glanced at Leo and saw how even while sleeping his face was tensed and his eyes were squeezed too tight. You reached a hand over and touched his cheek gently. He barely responded, just gently nestled into your hand. You have a sad smile and couldn't help but wonder what went on in the time that you were at the Shredders lair and when you were unconscious.
___________________________

Welp now that you're awake, we just gotta see how you really are.

Are you really okay? Or is that just an act as well?

XX Shadow