22- Explanations

Leo didn't really want to wake up. Even though he was mad at Donnie for sedating him, he knew that if he didn't sleep he would pass out. Besides, if his genius brother was able to trick him and sedate him without the blue banded turtle noticing, it was probably best that he got some sleep.

When his blue eyes finally opened, the first thing he saw was Donnie at his computer and Raph sitting beside Y/n with a comic. She still looked to be asleep, but seemed to have-... moved?

"Has she woken up yet?" He asked. Donnie looked over to him and exchanged a glance with Raph.

"Uhhh. No. Not-... not yet," he said and Leo raised an eye ridge.

"Donnie? What's wrong?" He saw his genius brother gulp and look back at his computer.

"Nothing. Nothings wrong. I just wish she would wake up," he said and Leo smiled sadly and looked at her.

"Don't we all." Raph pursed his lips before going back to his comic.

"I'll be back. Don't think this conversation is over. I still want to talk to you about sedating me," Leo said as he pointed to Donnie and left the lab. He wandered to the kitchen where a good smell was wafting out.

"Hey bro!" Mikey greeted him happily. Leo hopped onto the counter and grabbed an apple, smiling at his younger brother.

"Hey Mikey." He bit into his apple and watched his brother whisk something vigorously in a bowl. He lifted his neck to try and see what it was.

"What are you doing?"

"Curing my boredom," the orange banded turtle replied happily. Leo chuckled and slid off the counter, wandering slowly back in the direction of the lab, stretching his legs.

Meanwhile, you had peeked your eye open when you heard Leo leave. Raph tossed his comic aside and stood up smirking. Donnie came to stand beside you and fist bumped Raph.

"Alright boys, now for step two," you smiled and they both nodded. Donnie unhooked your monitors and raised your cot so you were sitting upright. You smiled at both of them.

"Thanks guys." They smiled and Raph went to the lab door, winking at you and opening the door.

"LEO!" He cried out. Donnie rolled his eyes at his brothers dramatic performance and you heard the light thudding of Leo running towards the lab.

"What? What do you wan-..." he trailed off when his blue eyes met your (e/c) ones and his jaw dropped. You smiled shyly.

"Hey there Fearless." You said softly. You could see the range of emotions fly across his face at super speed. Donnie and Raph shared a glance before they both quietly snuck out behind Leo. You started to get nervous at the silence that took the lab.

"Leo? Could you say something? Please? You're kinda freaking me out," you chuckled nervously. His blue eyes stayed locked on yours the whole time, and he took a few steps forward.

"You're-... you're-... awake," his voice was no more than a whisper and you could hear him fighting back tears.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm awake."you said quietly. He took a few more small steps forward, and you finally saw it.

His eyes were bloodshot and had enormous purple rings under them. His normally perfect stance was slumped and his wrappings around his hands and arms were looser and ragged than you remembered. It looked like he had lost some weight as well.

"Le-..." you were cut off by him wrapping his arms around you tight. You squeezed him back just as hard and felt him start to tremble, just a little bit.

"I didn't think you would wake up." He whispered into your hair. You felt a few tears slip down your cheeks at how torn his voice sounded. "I thought you died. I thought I was going to lose you."

"Shh," you said softly and moved over just enough on your bed so he was practically laying on his side next to you. It hurt, but it was worth it to have him back in your arms. You felt him shake a little bit more and you grabbed his hand like you used to and rubbed circles onto it. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Why did you leave?" His voice sounded so small and broken that you bit your lip to keep from bursting into more tears.

"I didn't-... I just couldn't see you guys hurt because of me," you whispered back and felt him let out a shaky breath as he pulled away. You wiped away your own tears and he fully faced you, sitting on the chair beside your bed.

"Y/n-... this hurt us-... this hurt me more than any wound we could ever get." You looked away from him.

"Leo-..."

"You just left us. Without any explanation. Only a note. A note. We saw-... we saw everything," he sounded heartbroken. "Donnie went into the security cameras. We saw them hurt you. We saw them-... brand you," the last part was so soft you barely heard it.

"Leo-..."

"And then, you don't wake up. We tried everything," his voice was staring to get a bit louder now, his emotions starting to finally empty out after keeping them in for so long. "You left us. You left us. No reasons. No goodbyes. You just left," he stood up and pushed his chair back angrily. You could see him struggling to keep his emotions on check and felt your heart rate pick up. Your chest tightened and your breathing quickened.

"L-Leo..."

"Donnie worked on you for hours. We almost lost you. Your heart stopped on the table," he was so post on his rant that he didn't notice you starting to have a panic attack.

His voice started to blur out and turned heard someone slam open the lab door and run over to you. You barely noticed Donnie taking gently to you to try and call you down. The ringing in your ears was too much. You vaguely heard Raph yelling but that was it.

After so much time being asleep; you fell right back into it as the whole room went dark.
___________________________

Yeesh. Now Leo's the one who's emotions are getting the better of him.

This was sort of a boring chapter,
I might edit it later to make it better but it was a sort of filler to show that your character is struggling even though they're acting fine.

Well I hope you guys are liking so far!!

XX Shadow