26- Hiding

You stayed awake the whole time, Leo slept lightly until the others arrived back from patrol. You faked a smile to Leo when he asked again if you were okay.

"I'm fine. It was just a dream," you told him and he nodded, his blue eyes wary and unconvinced. You got him to bring Donnie in so you could talk to him about leaving his lab.

"I don't know-..."

"Please Donnie? I won't move around too much." You begged him. He bit his lip thoughtfully. "I'm so bored," you groaned and he sighed.

"Okay, fine."

"Yesssss. Thank you Donnie," you said happily and he smiled before pointing at you.

"But you won't move around too much."

"Fine."

"And you'll tell me if you have pain."

"Okay, Don."

"And you'll make sure-..."

"YES Donnie." You interrupted him and he sighed.

"Sorry. I just don't want something to go wrong," he apologized and you gave him a smile.

"What's the worst that could happen?" You asked and he grimaced.

"Every time someone says that, something bad happens."

<<{}>>

Soon after Donnie and Leo moved you out onto the couch, one of Donnies alarms tripped.

"Leo, it's the Foot clan. Down at the docks again," Donnie ran into the room and told him.

"Gear up. We're on the move," he ordered and they all snapped into action, grabbing their gear and running out of the lair. As Leo was about to leave, you stopped him.

"Leo." He turned to you and you gave him a smile. "Go kick some shell for me." He gave you a fierce smile before leaving you alone on the couch.

About five minutes after they left, you became restless and bored, so you made sure that Donnie wasn't in the doorway, even thought you knew he wasn't, and then slowly used the couch to stand yourself up.

"Donatello will not be very happy if he finds out you disobeyed him," an amused voice came from behind you and you whipped around to see Master Splinter standing there.

"Aha-... Ha-... Ha. Sensei-... I forgot you were still here." You said nervously. He chuckled before coming to sit beside you on the couch as you sat back down.

"Something troubles you," he mused and you looked away from him. "My child. What bothers you?"

"It's nothing, Master Splinter," you replied softly and he hummed in thought.

"Your spirit is restless. Something from the past is coming back to haunt you," he said wisely and you sighed, knowing he was right.

"I had a dream."

"A dream?"

"More like a nightmare. I think this whole thing with Karai is bothering me more than I thought it would," you admitted. He sighed.

"Karai is a lost soul. She has been so mislead and twisted by her sensei and his hate that she no longer knows what is right," he stroked his beard.

"I know that I'm safe here sensei. But I can't help but think about what would've happened if the boys hadn't saved me. Or what might happen if she gets me again. But I'm more concerned about what might happen to the boys. Everything in my mind is screaming at me to tell Leo about this, but I don't want him to worry."