23- Deeper Than We Thought

"What the hell Leo?" Yelled Raph as he shoved him back. Leo just stared at Y/n as she whimpered and withered on the bed. Donnie sprinted over to her and tried to calm her down but it didn't seem to be working.

"I-I didn't-..."

"What we're you thinking? She's just woken up, and you go and do this?" Raphs fists clenched tightly and it took all of his strength not to punch his older brother into next week.

"Guys, please," Donnie looked over his shoulder quickly at them and scowled. "Y/n, it's okay. I need you to breathe," he turned back to her and cooed gently. "No, no, no!" He said all of a sudden.

"What's wrong?" Asked Raph. He turned to Leo and shoved his shoulder again. "If it wasn't for her sake, I would've knocked you out without a second thought," then he walked quickly over to Donnie.

"She passed out," Donnie took off his glasses and sighed, rubbing his eyes. He looked at Leo who was still standing frozen in place.

"Okay, what was that about?" He asked sternly. Leo looked down.

"I-I didn't mean for this to happen. I just-... I asked her why she left us," he said. Donnie frowned.

"It sounded a bit more like 'got angry at her' to me," he said. Leo sighed.

"Okay, yes. I did let my emotions take control a bit. But I didn't know that this would happen," he explained. Donnie crossed his arms.

"She just came out of a two week coma, one that she was put into after severe physical and physiological torture. You don't just get over that without any repercussions." He said. Raph was pacing angrily in front of her bed and stopped, staring daggers at his older brother.

"You're an idiot," he growled. Donnie was lost in thought and held out a hand to stop Raph.

"That's enough. Fighting won't help anything. We need to help Y/n, not argue amongst ourselves." He said coldly. Raph crossed his arms and kept staring at Leo, who was staring at Y/n. "I need to run some tests on her. She obviously has some deeper psychological issues going on now. Issues that won't be fixed in a day." He mused. He looked up at both Raph and Leo. "That means I need quiet. Leave, both of you," he commanded.

"But-..."

"I'm not asking. I'm telling. Leave, now," he raised his voice just enough to scare his brothers. Donatello did not get angry often, but when he did it was almost as bad as Raph. Leo and Raph both quietly left the lab, leaving the genius younger brother alone with his thoughts.

You opened your eyes to find yourself back in Shredders lair, chained up to the wall once more. You struggled to break free but to no avail. You felt hot tears slip down your cheeks; as you knew what was coming.

"So you're awake," you heard a female voice call out. You looked around but saw only darkness.

"No, this is a dream. This isn't real," you told yourself.

"Oh this is no dream," Karai cooed as she appeared from the shadows of the corner. You writhed in the chains that bound your wrists to the wall.

"This isn't real; this isn't real," you whispered and squeezed your eyes shut tight.

"Now for the fun part," you opened your eyes to see a red hot branding iron in Karais hand. You squirmed and felt more tears stream down your cheeks.

"No! NO!"

"Y/n. Y/n!" You awoke with a start to feel someone's hand on your wrist. You flinched away only to see Donnie's brown eyes staring, concerned at you from under his glasses.

"D-Donnie," you breathed out. He gave a small smile.

"Hey there. Bad dream?"

"Y-yeah. Jesus Christ," you leaned back against the pillows and ran your trembling hands down your face. He stayed by your side.

"Are you okay?" He asked gently after a while. You nodded shakily.

"Yeah. I'm-..." you let out a breath. "I'm okay. What happened?" At that question, his face turned into a scowl.

"Leo happened. He got upset and you had what I think was a panic attack, and passed out." You sighed.

"Is he okay?" Donnie gave you a smile.

"Always thinking of us before yourself. Yeah; he's a bit shaken up. He wasn't sure what was happening." Then Donnie gave you a serious look. "Do you remember any of what happened?"

"He was getting upset that I left you guys, then my chest started feeling tight and I couldn't breathe. Then I vaguely remember seeing you but I couldn't hear anything," you said. "Next thing I knew I passed out." You cokes your head at him. "How long-..."

"Two hours," he said. You sighed.

"I thought I was done sleeping," you said and that made Donnie chuckle.

"Oh, you know. Things happen. Anyways, I took another blood sample while you were out and did a couple short tests," he bit his lip.

"Yeah, that's fine. Is anything wrong?" You asked.

"I mean, other than dehydration and some weigh loss, you're healing nicely," he said.

"I feel a but coming."

"But-... I did some reading and matched it up to your symptoms. I'm pretty sure you have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, as would any normal person after what you went through," he sighed. "I'm so sorry Y/n. If only we had gotten there sooner-..."

"Hey, that's not your fault." You said sternly. "I made my choice. Now I have to live with the consequences." He gave a small smile before rubbed his eyes under his glasses.

"I guess we should get everyone in here and have a talk about what happened," he then looked at you. "I don't want to rush you, and if you feel uncomfortable just tell me and we'll stop. But the best way for someone's mind to start healing is to talk about it and let others help," he said and you nodded.

"I guess you're right." He gave a curt nod before walking to the lab door and opening it.

"Guys, she's awake. All of you come here now. We need to have a discussion." You heard soft footsteps and one by one the other three turtles wandered into the room. They stood awkwardly at the end of your bed and Donnie sighed, pulling up more chairs.

"Take a seat guys. This take a while."
___________________________

I hate discussions like this, they make me nervous😂

The next chapter will probably be longer than normal just to make sure I do it well.

Tell me what you guys think!

XX Shadow