Chapter 20 - Onsen

Start from the beginning

"It is, dumbass." I said as I stepped toward him, cornering him against the bus, "You can't just play with my heart like that. You're dancing with me and I won't take no for an answer."

"Me neither." He calmly responded, "This is what I like about you, Nino. You're assertive. I wanted to ask you that once we found ourselves on a more romantic occasion, but I guess this will do. "

Only now did I take notice of how fast my heart was beating. There's something about him that just makes me too nervous to successfully pull off my more offensive play. Were he anyone else, I wouldn't even be breaking a sweat.

"Guys, Ebata-san is here." Ichika approached us.

He looked at me one more time with that damn handsome smugness.

"Aight, so you're coming with us." He said, "Is there enough space in the car?"

"Pfft, you're talking as if you get a say in this. It's our car, not yours."

"First of all, I was asking that to Ichika. Second, I wasn't referring to space for people."

"...What? So for luggage?" I said, confused.

"There is... probably." Ichika answered, "A-Are you sure it's legal to take this to camp?"

"Anything under 50 kilograms is perfectly fine. Whether the school will approve of it or not is my problem to deal with."

"Okay... I hope you know what you're doing."

"Me too. Anyway, let's get going."

Just what are they scheming?

I silently followed them to the car, parked on an adjacent street. There, as I entered the car, I noticed Y/N-kun helping Ebata-san to load our luggage onto the trunk, managing to catch a glimpse of him loading a suspicious sports bag along with his luggage. It was only a glimpse so I couldn't discern any distinct features nor infer what exactly were its contents. I didn't linger there for long though as I wanted to reserve one of the double seats for the two of us.

We departed to Uesugi's house, hearing from our friends that the busses had left shortly after we did. Y/N-kun was oddly silent. He had his earbuds in, leaning back on his seat as he maintained a thoughtful expression on his face. It was evident that he was in on something, and that my sisters also knew about it. Upon arrival, we left the car to wait for Itsuki to go fetch Uesugi. I discretely positioned myself by Y/N's side, seeing him take off one of his earbuds and smile at me.

"Sup?" He asked.

"What are you taking with you to camp?"

"My luggage?" He replied with a funny look on his face.

"I meant the other thing. The one Ichika was referring to when you were talking to her."

"Ah, those? High explosives, of course."

I sighed, "Why did I even expect a proper answer..."

"It is a proper answer."

"Sure, whatever. Can't you tell me what you plan on doing with those 'high explosives' ?"

"I can."

"But you won't." I said.

"You know me so well."

"I don't know what exactly it is that you're plotting, but you'd better make the time to be with me at camp."

"There will absolutely be enough time. Neither of us is going to manage any of the activities, right? We can use this first day to just enjoy ourselves."