Side Story 2: Silverlining

Lavina and Daichi first met at the market in M Capital one day after na ikasal sila Mateo at Yumi.

She was grumpy because she felt alone.

Their circle of friends separated.

Helena married her brother but it was only because of that scandal.

Agatha died.

While Amara and Isabella seemed to take that Mayumi's side then.

She was left alone.

Anyway, she was roaming around the market while her mind was too occupied na hindi na niya namalayan na napunta na siya sa may west side ng market.

That side of the market was known for being dangerous.

They said that was where the rogues and thugs were living.

When she noticed where she was, she quickly turned around to leave the place. But there were already people who blocked her way.

"Binibini, naliligaw ka ata?"

"That's fine. Minsan lang may maligaw na magandang dilag dito sa lugar namin. Stay here for a while and we will accompany you."

"Y-you... you stay away from me."

"Wag ka namang snob, Binibini."

One of those men tried to grab her hand pero agad na nakaiwas si Lavina dito.

However, these men were adamant to keep her there. They continued to block her way hanggang sa tuluyan na nga siyang nahawakan ng isa sa mga ito.

Naturally, she screamed... at the top of her lungs.

"Damn, cover her mouth at once." One of the men commanded.

Someone attempted to do it but Lavina dodged the hand which was about to cover her hand. She continued to scream hanggang sa manakit na ang kanyang lalamunan.

Fortunately, her effort bore fruit.

"Hoy! Anong ginagawa niyo diyan ha?"

When those men realized na mga tagaGuardia Cibil ang mga bagong dating, agad silang nagtakbuhan at naiwan doon si Lavina na napaupo pa sa lupa when she was pushed while those people were rushing to escape.

"Need help?"

A hand was pre-offered before her then which she accepted after she ascertained na mga guardia civil nga ang mga kaharap niya ngayon.

***

Lavina was irritated.

Sa dinami-rami ng sasalba sa kanya ay yung Kuya pa ng Mayumi na iyon.

Naturally, when they brought her to the Law Enforcement Office at ininterview siya tungkol sa nangyari, she ran off her mouth and blamed everything to Mayumi.

Why was she out there alone?

Wasn't it because that lady ruined their lives after she arrived in this city?

She was even the reason for the disbandment of their circle!

And most especially, she was the reason why she was alone now!

The bitch!

Lavina hated that Mayumi so much.

Therefore, after she had a sudden outburst of emotion at the Law Enforcement Office and blamed everything to Mayumi, Daichi didn't take it too well and scolded her thoroughly then.

The two of them ended up in argument.

One was defaming Yumi and the other defending the latter.