7: Agreement 1

"I have already invited Yumi's parents and Lola for a luncheon meeting with us." Doñ Teresa told Mateo the next evening.

The lad just got back from his office and now packing things na dadalhin niya sa M Capital.

He would be going there once General Vicente's birthday was done. He would be staying there for a while. Kaya naman he wanted to accomplish the announcement of his and her engagement as soon as possible.

Anyway, he stopped what he was doing and looked at his mother.

"Thank you, Mama."

"You really should, Mateo. You definitely put me in difficult situation right now."

The doña even approached him at bahagyang pinalo ang braso niya. Then she began folding his clothes for him.

Mateo's gaze softened and he could only gratefully smile at her.

"Don't worry, Mama. I will not let you suffer so much in this lifetime."

"Don't promise something like that. You intend to marry Yumi. You should be telling that to her instead of me."

"I have big hands to protect her, you and our family."

"Tch..." Inirapan lang siya ng Doña but his words warmed her heart.

Well, Mateo was never a talkative one.

But when he did speak, his words were really sensible.

"Do you like her, Mateo?"

"I will not ask to marry her if I don't."

Napahinga ng malalim si Doña Teresa. Well, he seemed to really do like that Mayumi.

He knew the lad really well.

Kapag pinagalitan niya ito ng isang beses dahil sa isang bagay na ginawa nito, hindi na ito uulit pa. That what he was when he was young until now.

But...

She once scolded him about touching and hugging women.

Then just last night, he told her about himself and Mayumi.

He said during his stay in Q Province with her and her family developed his feelings more for her and he seriously wanted to marry her.

Dagdag pa nito ay hindi lang iisang beses na naging intimate sila ng dalaga and he promised her to take responsibility of her everytime he held her hands or hugged her.

Doña Teresa was seriously flabbergasted as he listened to Mateo.

He really dared to become disobedient now and he even managed to hug Yumi.

Since the situation had already been like that and Mateo had already promised Yumi to marry her, then she had no choice at all.

She liked Yumi very much and she didn't want to make that young lady feel as if their family had done her any wrong.

And so she quickly sent an invite to Yumi's parents and lola.

It would be tough though but if Yumi liked him too, then that wouldn't be bad at all, right?

Yun nga lang... How could she tell it to Mikael then?

Indeed... It is hard to have these knuckleheaded sons.

"Are you worried about Mikael, Mama?"

Mateo guessed the sudden dilemma of his mother dahil na din sa pagbabago ng expression nito at paghinga ng malalim.

"Just a bit. But he will move on eventually."

"I will talk to him."

"Stop it. I do not want the two of you to fight anymore."