46: Big News 2

"Wow, your brother really does not know how to hold back." Kami said in awe to Malia.

Yumi and Amelia had to rush towards the Great General's mansion today kaya naman siya lang ang naiwan sa Medical Hall ngayon para magbantay. Kami came and decided to stay with her.

Anyway, they were just talking about Mateo's stunt today which greatly awed Kami.

Parang noong isang araw lang ng mag-usap sila ng masinsinan ni Mateo. Now, he did this in order to secure their wedding and obviously, made those lurker lads to completely back off.

"He already waited five years. I think it is just normal for them to talk about wedding for real this time."

"Well, I guess you are right."

"Of course, I am right."

Malia was busy doing inventory of those medicines that she didn't notice the sudden smirk of Kami.

"What about us?"

"What do you mean?"

"Kelan mo ko pakakasalan?"

Malia choked kahit wala naman siyang iniinom o kinakain.

Kami quickly patted her back but that wicked smile on his lips were still there.

When Malia finally recovered, she glared at Kami who thought that she was cute like a fierce blushing cat.

"Hindi kita nobyo."

"Then make me your boyfriend now."

Malia flicked his forehead.

"Are you crazy? I do not want to make Yumi completely angry. Madalas na nga siyang mainis nitong mga nakaraan eh."

"I will take care of Yumi. Don't worry so much about her."

"This is completely stupid, you know. I understand why Yumi is getting pissed. Both of us, her bestfriend... She might feel left out if we really end up together."

"Trust your brother. He will definitely not let Yumi feel that way. After all, he is really into her."

Napahinga na lang si Malia as she shook her head because of this easy going attitude of Kami. She was still worried about Yumi though. She really didn't want this thing between her and this lad to affect the friendship between the three of them.

***

Mateo's real intention for parading Yumi's dowry outside the Great General's mansion in that very grand way had already taken its effect.

Those people he was hoping to hear the news about this pamamanhikan had also received it already.

Let's start with Nero who heard the news while he was with his mother.

Both were surprised at first. Then Nero got recovered quickly.

His hands clenched and he gritted his teeth.

The wedding date of the two had already been agreed upon by their families?

He didn't like this at all.

Meanwhile, Doña Labella watched Nero's expression. He was surely affected so much by this news. She confirmed this time that her son really had fallen to that young lady.

She couldn't really blame him. She was one of a kind.

Unfortunately, she was going to marry soon.

"Nero..."

"Mama, excuse me. I just need to go to my office."

"Okay, okay..."

On the other hand, Sancho was with Don Enrico and Doña Silvanna when they all received the news.