25: Guild Meeting 1

"It's time..."

When the sun was almost gone, Mateo finally approached the two para sunduin si Yumi.

The latter, however, simply raised an eyebrow at him.

"Do we still have to go to that surprise place of yours?"

"Yes."

Yumi sighed.

"Well, it is better be good or else, I will make you pay for disturbing my reunion with my brother."

Koshi simply chuckled while touching his nose. Was he going to be the reason for a fight between these two now?

"Don't worry. I am certain you'll love the place."

Yumi stood up and then looked at Koshi.

"Kuya, I will see you again."

"Don't bother coming here again. We will have free time some time later. I will definitely spend that with you and Mama."

She nodded and finally walked towards Mateo.

"Well... Let's go."

***

Yumi was brought by Mateo outside of some kind of a secret base. They stood on one of the trees with huge branches.

The secret base was a bit far from the part of the city where all the citizens stay just like the Assassin Guild. Definitely, this place was suspicious.

Also, Yumi noticed an insignia in one of the wall towers. A blue flag with circle and line in the middle of it, like an eye.

"What is this place?"

"You'll see. Any time now, those people will leave. Just wait."

Yumi fell quiet as Mateo said this and continued waiting.

Little did she know, she was being observed by the lad beside her with a little smirk on his face. His expression looked proud and there was excitement in his eyes.

Hindi rin naman nagtagal at nagbukas na ang gate ng secret base. Mula doon may ilang mga nakakabayo na lumabas.

However, the moment Yumi saw that very first person na nakasakay sa kabayo, her eyes sharpened, her jaw clenched and her fist tightened.

Sancho...

She could feel her eyes burning so much na hindi na niya napansin ang biglaang paglapit ng mukha ni Mateo sa kanya.

She just suddenly felt warmth on her left cheeks then she realized, she was kissed by Mateo there.

Automatic na umangat ang mga kamao ni Yumi and attacked him.

But he was prepared and caught her hand at once.

Then with that smirking face of his, he met Yumi's fiery glares.

"You..." Gigil na umpisa ng dalaga.

"Little wife, I brought you here to show you this place as a surprise, not for you to stare with that extreme emotion towards another guy."

Yumi opened her mouth to speak but closed again. She was too annoyed na halos hindi na siya makapag-isip nang irretort sa binata.

But to be honest, that fiery loathing she felt the momemt she saw Sancho was quickly quelled because of her annoyance with Mateo.

Tch...

This stupid guy.

If she had used her full strength in punching his face moments ago, she was sure na bangas na ang gwapong mukha nito ngayon. Which wasn't good if it happened because she definitely wouldn't want to marry an average looking guy, moreso an ugly one.

Anyway, she once again looked ahead and watched as the entourage of Sancho and the other horsemen disappeared to the night.

As soon as they were gone, she calmed down and finally asked Mateo essential questions.

"What is this place?"

"Five years ago, you asked me to investigate the whereabouts of Don Luis."

Yumi's eyes widened. "Are you saying..."

"I am not sure yet. I haven't seen Don Luis in person. But as I was investigating the matter, I was directed to this secret base."

Yumi was silent for a moment.

Did it mean Sancho has something to do with the rescue of the don back then?

Her eyes squinted with dangerous glint on it. Was that guy adamant to cross her even in this lifetime?

"Let's go back."

"Don't you want to infiltrate the place to confirm if Don Luis is inside?"

"No need. Since that Sancho owns this place, I will definitely have to destroy this. Let's go. Uuwi muna ako and then let's meet in Assassin Guild after."

***

Yumi drew a sketch of that place as soon as she arrived home. And when it was time to leave, hindi niya kinalimutang dalhin iyon.

When she arrived at gate of the guild, naroroon na si Mateo gaya ng napag-usapan nila. Then they entered the guild together.

Nagulat pa nga sila Kami, Rui, at ang nasa sampung team leaders nang ipatawag sila ni Yumi.

Normally, pumupunta lang sa guild ang dalaga kapag sinusundo siya ng isa sa kanila.

Anyway, mas lalo naman silang nasorpresa ng makita nila si Mateo sa kwarto kasama ni Yumi.

But then, no one managed to ask her question about his presence, not even Kami, because she already got to the point of this sudden meeting.

***

"Secret base?" Kunot noong ulit ni Kami. His eyes were fixed on that drawing in front of them.

Yumi nodded.

"Don't you want to confirm yet kung naroroon nga si Don Luis?" Rui asked.

"No need. The fact that Sancho owns this secret base makes me just want to destroy it. I say we attack it sooner and just look for Don Luis once we already infiltrate the place."

Rui's mouth twitched. Kung sila sila lang ang naroroon, kinutusan na niya ang babaeng ito. Tch, she was deciding with her emotion again.

"Think of the consequence of this, Yumi." Rui gave her a meaningful look.

Yumi rolled her eyes.

"If it is owned by either Don Enrico or that Nero, I might really think about it first. But it is not. So there is nothing to think about it."

Napahinga ng malalim si Rui at hindi na nga niya napigilan ang sarili at pinitik na niya ang noo ng dalaga.

The team leaders, especially those newly appointed, widened their eyes.

They heard their boss was very badass.

How could their Vice Leader flick her head just like that without getting into real trouble except for receiving a death glare from her?

Napahinga ng malalim si Kami.

Ai-yooo... This two, really...

"Do not underestimate your enemy no matter how strong you are." Rui scolded her.

"I am not."

"Yeah? You just said you do not even want to confirm the situation there."

"I am your boss."

"Don't play that card to me now."

This greatly shocked the people around them except for Kami, Xun Xue and Xun Bao. Sanay na sila.

Even Mateo was surprised to watch Yumi bicker with her people like this. Then a small smile appeared on his face.

Why, this wasn't feel like an official meeting of an organization where the higher ups were feared. But rather, this felt like a family gathering.

***