30: Invited 3

Nero looked at the report paper on his hands with awe. He just finished reading all of it. The content of the report?

All about that Mayumi Sybill.

He never expected her to be this capable.

Her expertise in medicine was truly making him speechless lalo pa nga at karamihan sa mga achievements ng dalaga ay nangyari noong baguhan pa lamang siya sa L City.

That was five years ago...

She was truly a rare lady.

No wonder she didn't seem to get scared of him when he encountered her at that time outside the meeting hall.

It turned out she was not ordinary at all.

You see, Nero was used to be feared by the people he met at first time.

Although he wasn't bad looking but he had a permanent scowl in his face which made people frightened of him. He couldn't help it. He was a serious man and everything about the next candidate for Governor General was important matter for him since he was a kid.

However, as he read the latter part of the report, he couldn't help to be troubled.

According to it, Yumi was seen to be visiting his older brother's mansion, Don Enrico, a lot. Bukod pa sa katotohanang, siya ang napili nilang mag-asawa para maging godmother ng anak nila.

Was she in cahoot with him now?

Knowing her older brother, he liked to collect people who could potentially help him in his future endeavor as candidate for new Governor General.

And Nero could clearly see how Yumi would be important asset for the don.

But that was all his brother could offer to the lady. His brother would only not give justice to her skills and greatness.

If it was him, after he could have a chance to offer alliance with her, he would give her the whole country in return.

Nero was stunned by his own thought.

Giving her the whole country?

Then that goddess like image of Yumi appeared in his mind.

She deserved even better.

***

The next following days, elite people of M Capital had received invites from the Governor General's mansion.

There would be a banquet to be held there on behalf of his wife.

One of those invited were the Sybills and Portabellos.

The ladies were expected to wear a riding suit. Obviously, they would be riding horses there.

This greatly troubled Victoria.

Not for herself though.

She was used in her Principales status since she was a child so she was naturally tutored about these certain things and etiquettes.

However, Yumi wasn't the same. So Victoria was worrying about her. She knew that her sister knew a lot of things. She was even talented more than she was. But... did Yumi know how to ride a horse?

"We will be riding horse, Yumi. Will you going to be okay?"

"Eh? Horses?"

"Un..."

Yumi was thinking for a moment. Then she shrugged.

"Just riding horses. How hard can it be?"

Victoria held the urge to knock on Yumi's head. Her mouth was twitching though.